76 replies to this topic

#31 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,215 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Why is that more on the coaches than the players?

They call the plays?

#32 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I did listen and I have listened to a ton of what he has said in the past. Polian does not like the Panthers and especially does not like Cam. He was on espn not to long ago bashing the Panthers and Cam while slurping Bob Griffin.

I do not want that man anywhere near this franchise ever again.

My thing with folks like Polian is if Brandt and Moon can both see that the offense changed why can't this fool. Second I don't care for these ex NFLers in the media. They never ever call out coaches for dumb play calling but everything is on the players.

#33 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,552 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Why is that more on the coaches than the players?

Other than they call the plays?

#34 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

They call the plays?

And players execute them. Which do you think is more important?

#35 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,215 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

And players execute them. Which do you think is more important?

If the play call tells the player to leave a thirty foot cushion on the receiver and the offense takes advantage of that over and over, then the play call is the problem, not the player.

#36 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

If that is the case how are they 7-4 this year with a rookie starting. Must be some talent there somewhere.

Good draft/FA, better coaching, playing on emotional high for Pagano, good QB and weak schedule.

#37 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Polian knows more about football than anyone on the board. Just because you don't like what he said about your favorite player doesn't change the fact that he's among the smartest men in football, ever.

Try this...go to a Colts board and ask them what they thought of Polian and his son for their last few years in Indy. It might change your perspective a bit.

#38 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

And what? Listen to a bunch of know it all fans i can do that here.

#39 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

If the play call tells the player to leave a thirty foot cushion on the receiver and the offense takes advantage of that over and over, then the play call is the problem, not the player.

Not much choice if the player isn't good enough to play press without getting beat over the top. After the first 2 sneak up closer and make a play. What percentage of success in the game would you say depends on coaches vs players. I say 20% coaching 80% players.

#40 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,539 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Not anymore you can't.

#41 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

He said Godfrey was a good player hahaha

#42 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well we literally had the Atl game won....and fumbled the ball back a yard wiping the win out.

But we had another opportunity to gain that one yard and Rivera punted.

#43 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Well we literally had the Atl game won....and fumbled the ball back a yard wiping the win out.

What ever the play call was with 59 seconds left that allowed Roddy White a 59 yard reception and left him one on one with a rookie CB and an idiot S who decided to let White get behind them was a shitty play call and lost the game. We should have had a 3 man rush with every available DB on the team in a prevent defense. White should have never been given the opportunity to blow right by a rookie DB. The sad part is Julio Jones almost burned the DB a couple players earlier but stepped out of bounds when catching the ball...you would think dumbass Rivera would have gotten the memo after that close call!! Coaches lost the hell out of that game.

#44 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Not much choice if the player isn't good enough to play press without getting beat over the top. After the first 2 sneak up closer and make a play. What percentage of success in the game would you say depends on coaches vs players. I say 20% coaching 80% players.

80%coaching 20% players...The 49ers went 13-3 last year with the same team they had prior that went 6-10. All they did was change the coach. The 49ers have had top talent for the past few years but didn't have a competent coaching staff to prepare them to win games. Maybe you've never played, but I've played on poorly coached teams and teams with good coaches. Coaching is the difference maker

#45 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

That has what to do with his draft record? And two years after their last Super Bowl appearance they went 2-14.

But you love to act like you have a clue.

All you have to look at is his first year without Peyton to see what kinda team he actually built

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com