Photo
- - - - -

What would you guys do if you won the Mega lottery?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#16 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I would tell my boss to fug off so fast his head would spin

then I'd party like it was 1999..hookers, blow..you name it, it'd be mine...

cool, make sure to get some pics. thx.

#17 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

What catfang said...

Of course you'd have to beat off the clingers and family and friends coming to you with their hands out...

My main goal would be to secure my kids financial future and while not turning them into spoiled rich kids.

#18 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,266 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

What catfang said...

Of course you'd have to beat off the clingers and family and friends coming to you with their hands out...

My main goal would be to secure my kids financial future and while not turning them into spoiled rich kids.

Beat off - poor choice of words yes? :D

Watched one of those shows about how lottery winners go broke...one woman had to move 3-4 times because friends and family kept hounding her for money. Of course she bought homes each time instead of renting, which was stupid, but man that has to suck. They were cruel to her and did anything to get at her $.

#19 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that if I won the Mega Millions I'd be dead in 3 weeks.....but it would be the most magical 3 weeks ever.

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I would buy the huddle....then go buy a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger with the last remaining $1

#21 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Son of a....I just realized my divorce isn't final yet. How bad would that suck if I won....

Going to text her now to see if we can speed this thing up and seal the deal today.

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Beat off - poor choice of words yes? :D

Watched one of those shows about how lottery winners go broke...one woman had to move 3-4 times because friends and family kept hounding her for money. Of course she bought homes each time instead of renting, which was stupid, but man that has to suck. They were cruel to her and did anything to get at her $.

Yeah, I've heard about that too... and you really never know who'll come out of the woodwork if something like that happens to you, but I can't imagine not just being able to tell them to fug off instead of having to move away...

I'm sure you'd get tons of requests for funding people's businesses, etc. too... that would get annoying quickly.

Honestly, my close family (ie, parents, etc) I would give money too... probably buy them a new house, etc. My very closest friends, I would help out too... just basically give them a gift and say keep this to yourself please...

Otherwise, if you're not already pretty close to me and/or come to me asking, gtfo...

Also I would definitely sponsor a huddle tailgate and buy Johnny Rockets some hookers and blow... but I would make him wear a Cam Newton jersey.

#23 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I would hire my son an awesome tutor and we'd travel everywhere. Stay in Asia for a few months then make our way to Europe, South America, Africa etc.

I'd save a huge chunk and give the rest of it away to my family members and a few friends. I doubt I'd go buy a new house, I'd sell our cars and get a nice family car for when we are in town.

#24 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,779 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'd buy the Panthers and form a new front office and coaching staff from you good ppl here at the huddle

Zod is the new HC, of course

cheaper to drink and eat at the stadium...men, you go ahead and take your shirt off..fat hairy chest or not...no more wine and cheese crowd!!!!

#25 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

I would hire my son an awesome tutor and we'd travel everywhere. Stay in Asia for a few months then make our way to Europe, South America, Africa etc.

I'd save a huge chunk and give the rest of it away to my family members and a few friends. I doubt I'd go buy a new house, I'd sell our cars and get a nice family car for when we are in town.

Good point Cat... travel would definitely be something I would LOVE to do and simply can't afford now...

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

i'd go home and go to sleep.

#27 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Son of a....I just realized my divorce isn't final yet. How bad would that suck if I won....

Going to text her now to see if we can speed this thing up and seal the deal today.

Well that didn't go well...

Me: " Hey, any chance we can expedite this divorce thingy and finalize it today before I win the Mega Million Lotto tonight?"

Her: "Nope, half mine. Hooray me!"

FML

#28 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'd buy $200M in precious metals then live off the interest of the other $100M. I would then give away, live, travel, and spend the interest yearly.

#29 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Article on yahoo today about this very subject...

http://news.yahoo.co...-081059542.html

Pretty much if you're an idiot anyway, it's going to make your life worse, not better...

This guy was smart...

David Gehle, who spent 20 years at a Nebraska meatpacking plant before he and seven ConAgra Foods co-workers won a $365 million Powerball jackpot in 2006, used some of his winnings to visit Australia, New Guinea and Vietnam. He left ConAgra three weeks after he won, and now spends his time woodworking and playing racquetball, tennis and golf.

But most of his winnings are invested, and the 59-year-old still lives in his native Lincoln. He waited for several years before buying a $450,000 home in a tidy neighborhood on the southern edge of town.

So was this lady...

"I had to adapt to this new life, "said Sandra Hayes, 52, a former child services social worker who split a $224 million Powerball jackpot with a dozen co-workers in 2006, collecting a lump sum she said was in excess of $6 million after taxes. "I had to endure the greed and the need that people have, trying to get you to release your money to them. That caused a lot of emotional pain. These are people who you've loved deep down, and they're turning into vampires trying to suck the life out of me."

The single mother kept her job with the state of Missouri for another month and immediately used her winnings to pay off an estimated $100,000 in student loans and a $70,000 mortgage. She spent a week in Hawaii and bought a new Lexus, but six years later still shops at discount stores and lives on a fixed income — albeit, at a higher monthly allowance than when she brought home paychecks of less than $500 a week.

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

So it cashes out around 300 mill?

I would take care of some people, even some of the thugs on here.

I have a plan. Will post later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com