Photo
- - - - -

ACC about to add a school. News to come soon.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Louisville football program isnt that much better than Uconns. As far as expanding into Kentucky good luck with that.

Louisville is a much better football program.

#17 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Uconn only had football for the past 10 years and their record over that time has been better than Louisville.

#18 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Also funny how the ACC lowered its academic standards. Look like Louisville got voted in. Now for the next schools to defect the ACC.

http://espn.go.com/c...als-source-says

#19 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

For the ACC Louisville>>>UConn>>>>Maryland>>>>>>>>Cinci>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WVU

#20 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

I think the SEC will steal Florida State from us in the next 3 years but will shy away from Miami because of the schools history of getting in trouble every decade or so. But I see ND joining us in Football in 2017 when the ACC gives into their demands for a TV revenue sharing package that somewhat favors the Irish but still puts plenty in the pockets of the other 15 schools.

My prediction of the ACC in 5-6 years from now.

BC
Pitt
Syracuse
Miami
ND
Virginia
Va. Tech
Louisville
Kentucky or South Carolina (both will be heavily courted when ND agrees to join in football)
Wake
UNC
Duke
NCSU
Clemson
Ga Tech
Miami

#21 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Happy where WVU is dont have to worry about realignment anymore.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I think the SEC will steal Florida State from us in the next 3 years but will shy away from Miami because of the schools history of getting in trouble every decade or so. But I see ND joining us in Football in 2017 when the ACC gives into their demands for a TV revenue sharing package that somewhat favors the Irish but still puts plenty in the pockets of the other 15 schools.

My prediction of the ACC in 5-6 years from now.

BC
Pitt
Syracuse
Miami
ND
Virginia
Va. Tech
Louisville
Kentucky or South Carolina (both will be heavily courted when ND agrees to join in football)
Wake
UNC
Duke
NCSU
Clemson
Ga Tech
Miami

I dont see Florida State going to the SEC. They already have the FL television market...I see the SEC making a run at Va Tech and NCSU.

#23 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Race to 16 has begun. Next move will be the B1G or Big XII. SEC wont grab a school that is in the state of a school in the SEC. So they will go after a NC and VA school. To stay in their footprint. Wouldnt be surprised if B1G goes after GT.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

I would love the B1G to scoop up Boston College....good riddance

#25 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

I would love the B1G to scoop up Boston College....good riddance

Not a AAU school. Dont see it happening.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,293 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

The ACC better hope Notre Dame LOSES the champ game. Otherwise. Leverage, thine name is the Irish.

#27 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

If it is against Alabama and the Tide bring their A game....the Irish are sunk by halftime.

#28 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

UL has the highest athletics department budget in the ACC, with a football program that's on the up swing that will only get better now that they are in the ACC. Adding UL was a move to improve football to make UM, FSt and Clemson happy and that's why they were picked over Cinci and Uconn. You won't see FLst, Clemson or GT go to the SEC. It would be either UNC and UVA or NC ST and VT. Since all four schools are tied together by one way or another I don't expect that to happen.The rest of it, rest with what happens with the UMD lawsuit.

#29 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Louisville got the edge over UCONN thanks to their big athletics budget (and good teams), but it helped that they were really the last Big East school that could have gotten interest from another major conference (apart from maybe South Florida). Uconn would really only make sense in the ACC if they left the BE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.