#46 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Losing out also keeps key free agents from coming to Charlotte...Clowney is not eligible and he will be the No.1 pick.

#47 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,614 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I strongly disagree. I think if we win 3 games, Rivera has a foot in the door to return next season. If we win all five, he is assured to be coach next season. The media and fans alike will be calling Carolina the dumbest franchise in the world if they got rid of Rivera should we win out.

It's not like Rivera has been coaching here for 10 years, and we want a fresh start. Just this past monday night, all I was hearing from Gruden is how good Chud and this staff has been with Cam. All it takes for people to change their tune about Rivera and this staff, is one measly win. Imagine what a string of wins will do. I don't want our new GM to even lose one second of sleep with Rivera. Ultimately, to hope we continue to win in this already lost season, is to hope Rivera gets another year.

Well, you're flat out wrong. Gruden is a cock slurping media handjob artist to whomever he's commentating on that week - his on air opinion means jackshit.

The ONLY way that Rivera is maintained is if the new GM already had connections to him. Accorsi is not going to recommend a GM that is going to keep Rivera. He's a ballsack of a Head Coach, and he's not going to be retained.

You're living in a fantasy world my friend.

#48 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

All those who want to win, let me ask you this question. Answer honestly! If we finish 8-8, (which we can do because if you guys haven't noticed, we have a good roster on our hands), would you cheer for the fact that means Rivera will be here for another year? The main reason we have three wins now, is because of the guys on this roster, not because of Rivera's coaching. I believe these guys can come together, and win our next four or five games, in spite of Rivera. Do yall want him back another year?

Honestly, I'm not worried at all about Rivera staying on.

Now then, let me ask you a question.

With us getting a new GM, what makes you think winning out means it's a "fact" that Rivera will stay?

#49 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

lol. all gruden does is slurp players and coaches on tv.

i wouldn't take anything he says on MNF as anything close to consensus opinion or critical thought.

#50 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

So we have a good roster but you want us to tank for lack of talent?

The Patriots have a good group of talent, yet that doesn't stop them from trying to stockpile draft picks every year. I'm saying we have the chance to put a HOF roster out there with a trade from the first overall spot. We have good talent, but we can have more talent from this trade.

#51 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

This place is going to collectively poo itself to death whan Rivera is given one more year....

#52 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Losing out also keeps key free agents from coming to Charlotte...Clowney is not eligible and he will be the No.1 pick.

see that's another huge thing.

we won't be attractive to potential HCs or GMs or much needed FAs. if we want to trade for someone, we could end up with players pissed that they got traded here. why? because losing is acceptable and is the norm. because that has become our culture. you want to get a ring? you stay away from losing teams. esp. ones that give up.

#53 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Honestly, I'm not worried at all about Rivera staying on.

Now then, let me ask you a question.

With us getting a new GM, what makes you think winning out means it's a "fact" that Rivera will stay?

If we win out, Rivera will automatically get most of the credit there. Because this is his second year, it could mean he's finally turning things around, and will possibly have a breakout year next year. The new GM would have to think about that, or run the risk of bringing in a new coach with a new philsophy for the players to learn.

I and few others on here, wanted to get rid of Rivera for the travesty of the read option offense from day one. You guys only caught on to this travesty once our loss totals were nearing double digits. If we win out, the new GM will have to think about keeping Rivera just because this is only Rivera's second year. We aren't talking about Andy Reid here, a guy who's been in place for 14 seasons. Watch, if we win our next two games, 75-80% of the fans on this forum will fight for Rivera to remain in place.

#54 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

The ONLY times tanking for a better draft pick is acceptable is for a sure fire once in a generation type player who can turn things around from day 1.

very much agreed. that is why i was ok with it when our choice for 1st pick overall was luck and then newton. i saw and see those guys as incredibly rare and game changing talents. very different players, but both have super high ceilings. i still say that luck had a higher floor than newton, but newton's got a higher ceiling, but both will soon be considered among the very elite at the most important position in football for years to come.

this year, there is no need that great and no player so talented to warrant losing out.

as risky as it is to win out and end up keeping rivera (which i still don't see as likely) who is going to want a team that just loses and looks like the clusterf*ck the panthers has become? if we lose out, we'll probably end up hiring someone who has been up for as many HC jobs as rivera was and who will end up being as successful. we probably won't have our first or even second choice. i don't think we'll be turned down by as many HC candidates as tampa was, but it could still be a few.

sorry, i don't want the only HC we can land to be some scrub. same with a GM.

#55 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Sometimes this place hurts my brain....

#56 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,386 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

this garbage again? can repeat bad thread creation qualify for instaban?

#57 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Again I'll say this, and I'll shut up for now. When I say lose, I'm thinking more of losing like we've been losing so far. Because of a blown touchdown by a Nakamura, a missed field goal from a Gano, a fumble from a Murphy. That we look great concerning our main guys, then lose on a botched play from guys we know won't be here. So all the blame for losing will go on the coaches, but the winning desire be shown from our young guys. GMs and HCs candidates look at who we got from a future perspective. All we had in 2010 was Clausen. So we ended up with a scrub in Rivera. Today we have Newton, who had a historical rookie season. What misguided HC candidate would turn that down? I'll leave it there.

#58 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

All those who want to win, let me ask you this question. Answer honestly! If we finish 8-8, (which we can do because if you guys haven't noticed, we have a good roster on our hands), would you cheer for the fact that means Rivera will be here for another year? The main reason we have three wins now, is because of the guys on this roster, not because of Rivera's coaching. I believe these guys can come together, and win our next four or five games, in spite of Rivera. Do yall want him back another year?

Hue Jackson was fired after going 8-8 when big red took over as the GM.If we win out, i still think its a given that Rivera is gone.

#59 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

I just have to point out that I don't think anyone is going to do a crazy trade this year like the Redskins did. From what I've read, the #1 QB isn't even Barkley but it's Geno Smith out of WVU. People are pretty sure KC is going to take Geno at #1. Then they are pretty sure (this is obviously set on teams performing the rest of the year like they have been) Arizona will get Barkley at #11. No one is going to trade THIS year for a stock pile of picks.

We seen what a win streak at the end of the season can do. We came into this year with high expectations. We need to win if possible. It's good for Cam's development to learn to win the close games, learn to win with turnovers, etc etc. Forget losing out, let's win.

#60 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Again I'll say this, and I'll shut up for now. When I say lose, I'm thinking more of losing like we've been losing so far. Because of a blown touchdown by a Nakamura, a missed field goal from a Gano, a fumble from a Murphy. That we look great concerning our main guys, then lose on a botched play from guys we know won't be here. So all the blame for losing will go on the coaches, but the winning desire be shown from our young guys. GMs and HCs candidates look at who we got from a future perspective. All we had in 2010 was Clausen. So we ended up with a scrub in Rivera. Today we have Newton, who had a historical rookie season. What misguided HC candidate would turn that down? I'll leave it there.

If Nakamura, Gano, or Murphy botch a play then the blame goes on them, not the coaches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com