#61 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

ending the season with a winning streak would be great to help flush out the complacency and general malaise that's plagued this team for going on three seasons now.

this franchise is going to have to learn how to win again and it'd be better if we were serious about starting on it now instead of waiting for next season. would you rather lose out or go something like 3 or 4 out of our final 5 games and maybe win one or two with a walk off scoring drive? i'd say the latter would do a lot for the future.

#62 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

i can't imagine some douchbag that suggests losing knows what is best for our franchise, or any franchise.

#63 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

losers find a way to lose.

winners figure out how to get it done.

i'm tired of having a losing team. it's been too long and it's become the culture. i don't want to have to rely on some HC to come in and change the culture. i want that culture and that attitude to be rising when the new HC gets here.

#64 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

It is imperative we lose out. For two very simple reasons. One, it gives Rivera no shot at returning next year. I mean our new GM shouldn't have to spend a night to sleep over whether or not he wants to stick with Rivera. If we win 3 of our next 5, that will put us at 6-10. I believe we can definitely win out, just because of the talent we have on this team. (We've proven we got the stuff to beat Atlanta and New Orleans. By the way, Atlanta will most likely be resting their guys when we play them) Under that scenario, we would be forced to think about keeping Rivera and this staff. If that happens, I bet you they will give Rivera another year. Another year to kill Cam's career.

The second reason losing out helps this franchise, is we will most likely end up with the first overall pick. I don't care how badly Barkley looked this season, and I don't care about his injury. QB desperate teams will desire to trade up to get him. With the rookie wage scale now set, teams will want to move up. We need that treasure trove of picks to get a dynasty started. We have a bunch of needs, and I expect we won't have the money to go after big free agents. So we got to stock pile in the draft. Two picks in the first three rounds is not going to cut it. If we trade back from the first overall, we could pick up 4 picks within the first two rounds (1st, two 2nds, and a 3rd) and pick up a first for next year at the least. (Possibly putting us in position to pick up a Marquis Lee or Jadeveon Clowney) The amazing part about that is we wouldn't have to drop down far from the first overall, possibly still picking within the top 4. (Think Minnesota trade with Cleveland) So we should be able to still pick up either Luke Joeckel or Star Lotulelei.

So we have to lose five games in order for all this to come true, what is that compared to a bunch of talent for your new coach to work with next year? I don't know about any of you, but we need this as a franchise. We need a new offensive minded coach, and we need draft picks.

Stupidest post and reasoning ever. I never, ever, ever, ever, ever ... did I say ever? ... want my team to lose ... EVER.

#65 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

It's physically impossible for me to wish for a loss.

If we lose out, fine. But it's not like the teams gonna do it on purpose, so no reason for us to hope for it.

Go panthers.

#66 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

I absolutely despise these threads. After every win, folks suggest we lose out.

fug that, we need to win. Especially when the draft is as shitty as it is looking.

#67 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

I absolutely despise these threads. After every win, folks suggest we lose out.

fug that, we need to win. Especially when the draft is as shitty as it is looking.

some folks were born losers, maybe thats why they became panthers fans.

#68 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Again I'll say this, and I'll shut up for now. When I say lose, I'm thinking more of losing like we've been losing so far. Because of a blown touchdown by a Nakamura, a missed field goal from a Gano, a fumble from a Murphy. That we look great concerning our main guys, then lose on a botched play from guys we know won't be here. So all the blame for losing will go on the coaches, but the winning desire be shown from our young guys. GMs and HCs candidates look at who we got from a future perspective. All we had in 2010 was Clausen. So we ended up with a scrub in Rivera. Today we have Newton, who had a historical rookie season. What misguided HC candidate would turn that down? I'll leave it there.

classic fail.

I'm convinced there are huddlers who have never played a sport........

or been a part of a locker room.

#69 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

oh...and matt barleycorn being the most coveted pick in the draft? lol

#70 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

oh...and matt barleycorn being the most coveted pick in the draft? lol

I feel sorry for the NFL team that drafts him.

#71 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

barkley is going to be another jimmy clausen or matt leinart.

this might even be one of those situations where he slides out of the first and some crap team feels obligated to dive on him because of the "value" of a projected first rounder slipping into the second.

#72 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

If we win out, Rivera will automatically get most of the credit there. Because this is his second year, it could mean he's finally turning things around, and will possibly have a breakout year next year. The new GM would have to think about that, or run the risk of bringing in a new coach with a new philsophy for the players to learn.

Ok, "thinking about it" doesn't mean it's a "fact" that Rivera will stay. A GM is going to consider more than the last 5-6 games.

I and few others on here, wanted to get rid of Rivera for the travesty of the read option offense from day one. You guys only caught on to this travesty once our loss totals were nearing double digits. If we win out, the new GM will have to think about keeping Rivera just because this is only Rivera's second year. We aren't talking about Andy Reid here, a guy who's been in place for 14 seasons. Watch, if we win our next two games, 75-80% of the fans on this forum will fight for Rivera to remain in place.

If by "fight" you mean bitch on the internet which has roughly the same effect on reality as "thinking about it", so what?

#73 run1stdownrun2nddown

run1stdownrun2nddown

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Assuming a trade will happen because one happened last year makes no sense.

I know it's the internet and all, but you really couldn't pick up on the sarcasm in my post?

#74 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I just want to lose from here on out.

Why don't we go a step further ... why don't we just officially forfeit all of our remaining games. We'd save money and tank the season, and we'd save any chance of any players we like (and want to return) from getting injured.

#75 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I believe the Jags will win a couple of more games, just by looking at their play recently. Chad Henne has fired up that team. The Chiefs I believe will win a couple of games as well, they played Peyton hard at home. I believe they will beat us, and beat at least one more team. The Eagles should win at least one more game. If we lose out, I'm 100% positive we will have the first pick. The percentages are highly in our favor concerning that.

The Chiefs have won 1 game out of 11. For you to say the percentages are high that they win 2 out of the next 5 is beyond retarded. And the Eagles play the Cowboys, Bucs, Bengals, Redskins, and Giants. They aren't winning another game with the QB play they have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.