Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still dont get the Hurney firing..

55 posts in this topic

Posted

clausen?

everette brown?

jake delhomme extension?

most expensive backfield in the league?

cap mess?

Clausen was actually a value pick where we took him. He just did not work out.

Posted

Our next GM will have both hands tied behind his back. This team has some huge financial issues.

Hurn Dog magic

Posted

Our next GM will have both hands tied behind his back. This team has some huge financial issues.

Hurn Dog magic

You can bob for apples though...

Glass half full

Posted

I can't fault him for the Clausen pick or the Otah pick. Even though I read articles saying Otah can't play through pain before the draft, he was a spud (hehe). But there was some bad picks. Brown, Armanti so early, and trading away our picks. He just couldn't get value in later rounds either. The DT's we picked (Fua/McClain) was a total miss. I think later round drafting is what makes or breaks your team from becoming a contender each year, that combined with smart FA pickups and value signings of your drafted players. Example is the Patriots. I can't lie Hurney was gold for a lot of our first round talent though.

Then like others mentioned, the signings to DWill, Beason after the injury, Godfrey, etc. Anderson and Kalil signings weren't too bad, definitely not Kalil..

Sometimes it's just time for a change, period.

Posted

You can bob for apples though...

Glass half full

Not sure if this would be a #1 or #2.. perhaps both?

And since I know you will have some weird retort let me explain..

i.e. 1) painfully obvious and 2) some sort of weird college-type-thingie

Again, thanks for managing to fill this space and contribute absolutely nothing.

Posted

I think this group is being coached down. We are one good draft away from being badass.

Posted

I think this group is being coached down. We are one good draft away from being badass.

Hurn-dog magic.