Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Googled this and found 2 sources Tennessee fans and NC state fans lol

#5 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

His name is on the list being floated by AD, but that has proven to ALL be a smokescreen thus far. I wouldn't worry, UNC fans. Frankly, this fan base is so unanimously wanting Gruden, whoever does get the job will be considered a let down. Just please don't let it be Al Golden!

#6 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

We can't all be coaching magnets like State.

#7 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,239 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

His name is on the list being floated by AD, but that has proven to ALL be a smokescreen thus far. I wouldn't worry, UNC fans. Frankly, this fan base is so unanimously wanting Gruden, whoever does get the job will be considered a let down. Just please don't let it be Al Golden!

You guys are going to have a hard time beating out State for Gruden. Better hope Nick Saban takes his dream job at State instead.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

My mistake the only coach that used UNC as a stepping stone was Mack Brown. The rest were fired....

Butch Davis wouldve but lolz

#9 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Fedora turned down a request from Tennessee to interview according to plugged-in sources.

#10 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Gruden rumors are pretty funny.

#11 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Gruden rumors to Tennessee weren't as crazy as his agent makes them sound. CJG has been flirting with UT's big $$ people for a few weeks now. His wife was a cheerleader here and he got his coaching start in Knoxville. I believe him to be a twisted individual, if he really thought UT was living in a "fantasy world" when they thought they could get him. Why did he lead them on for so long, then? Dude's need for an ego-stroke is out of control.

#12 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Gruden rumors to Tennessee weren't as crazy as his agent makes them sound. CJG has been flirting with UT's big $$ people for a few weeks now. His wife was a cheerleader here and he got his coaching start in Knoxville. I believe him to be a twisted individual, if he really thought UT was living in a "fantasy world" when they thought they could get him. Why did he lead them on for so long, then? Dude's need for an ego-stroke is out of control.

Why did he lead them on? Simple. So it seems like there's a ton of demand for his services and he can extract the best, sweetheart type deal from an NFL team (control over roster, etc.). Gruden is and always will be an NFL coach, and he just uses these college teams (and frankly, other NFL openings) as a way to keep his name at the forefront of desirable NFL front office-types' minds.

#13 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Why would Fedora leave UNC right now to go to a place with expectations like Tennessee? He is getting paid gobs of money at a program that is weakened by sanctions and basically has them at his mercy b/c they know if he leaves then they are screwed.

Fedora just better hope that his offense works next year with no offensive line and no all-acc running back...

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,214 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm hearing it might be Gundy to UT tifwiw....

#15 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

C47,I can't see him leaving his alma mater. Our boosters have made it known that we are prepared to pay Saban-money to someone. There just isn't anyone close to worth that that would come. We'll end up hiring someone like Butch Jones, and I'm going to puke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com