Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedora Rumor...

114 posts in this topic

Posted

The most recent example is Cowherd, who called Tennessee the eighth best job in the country. He said that on Friday after mocking us and dogging fans for thinking they had a chance at Gruden.

Said it was an even better job ten years ago.

Posted

UT is definitely a top ten job. Even with their recent fall they are right there because of the ability to win it all there. There are plenty of jobs UNC included where a coach can have a solid career. There are a handful of schools where a coach can be elite UT is in that list toward the bottom. Try naming 10 jobs better than Tennessee from a recruiting, facility's, booster support, and name brand in football. I'm not going to name johnny come lately's that need a scheme to break the top ten. Line up talent and beat the opponent into submission. I'd say top jobs to win NC's at

Bama

Fla

tOSU

USCw

ND

OU

UTx

LSU

These 8 are a cut above because of recruiting advantages. After that the next group are equal IMO

UMich

UT

UGA

FSU

I'd put TAMU here as well because of the amount Texas talent even though they are little bro.

Miami used to be here but their admin is ruining them.

When UT has a coach they'll lock up Memphis, pull out of NC VA, other SEC states and recruit nationally.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would put Oregon over UT - Nike connection makes them a great job. They've been consistently solid record-wise for about 8 years now too. I think they've had 9+ wins every year since 2004 except once.

Posted

Are you factoring in the fact that people from that part of the country are strange?

Posted

Apparently Fedora is in NYC meeting with UT officials today.

Posted

@ClayTravisBGID: http://Volquest.com reports UNC's Larry Fedora will interview with Vols today. Final three of Gundy, Strong, Fedora.

hahaahahahahahaa

Posted

welp I guess I'll have to take my exams today with this permaboner

Posted

Panthro did u hear that from some redneck caller on WFNZ?

Fedora has shown he has a hard time sitting still but i would bet hell be here for at least another 3 years.

Posted

Hoping it's just angling from Fedora to get a raise. Would be shocked and pretty angry if he left after one year. I don't deny that UT is a great job, but just leaves a sour taste to see him looking after one year.

*sigh*

Posted

he knows what's comin

smart move

Posted

Yeah I don't get why some in this thread have said no chance he goes anywhere. His name has been floated out there for a while. Here's to him getting the job!

Posted

haha yeah this is gaining a little more attention than I thought it would.

Probably an angle for Fedora to squeeze a little bit more power/money from UNC. But still, this should show the administration and people in charge that Fedora is indeed a hired gun and they better start planning to be without him maybe after next season.

If he's gone after one season so be it. It's still extremely to early to pass judgement on him as UNC coach.

Sure, they had one of the best offenses in the nation. But don't forget about Gio and the OL having a lot to do with that.

I saw Carolina look real good at times, and I also saw them look very bad. I was at the Wake Forrest game this year. Ouch.