Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedora Rumor...

114 posts in this topic

Posted

IC says Fedora is interviewing in NYC for the TENN job along with Mike Gundy.

Let's see here: Losing to Wake and Duke in the same season now interviewing for a doomed TENN job? Not a good way to start your career at Carolina and just shows the guy is a hired gun not interested in developing a program. Maybe Carolina might want to send Fedora on his marry way.

Not hating on fedora personally, strike while the iron is hot I guess.

Bobby Lutz probably regrets to this day not taking the TENN basketball job when it was offered to him 11 years ago.

Posted

I think Strong will be the one that gets offered.

Posted

UNC recruit Jordan Fieulleteau weighs in

@earmonb83: @jordan_for6 does the news about Fedora and the UT coaching search concern you? #GoHeels

@jordan_for6: @earmonb83 no I've already talked to him about it.

Posted

Amid speculation that North Carolina football coach Larry Fedora would interview today for the head coaching vacancy at Tennessee, a source close to the UNC athletic department said there has been no contact between Tennessee and UNC about Fedora, and that neither Tennessee, nor any entity representing it, has requested permission to interview Fedora.

Permission wouldn’t be necessary to interview a candidate, but it is seen as a courtesy in the coaching profession.

Volquest.com, a Rivals.com-affiliated website that covers Tennessee football, basketball and recruiting, reported on Tuesday morning that Fedora would interview on Tuesday with Dave Hart, the Tennessee athletic director.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/uncnow/no-contact-between-tennessee-and-north-carolina-about-talking-to-larry-fedora-source-says

Posted

Frank Frangie, good friend of Larry Fedora, weighs in:

Frank Frangie ‏@Frank_Frangie

Story in Tennessee circles earlier that Larry Fedora interviewed at Tennessee, or is scheduled to, are completely erroneous.

Posted

Whew!

Posted

The old Wisconsin coach took the Arkansas job

Posted

The old Wisconsin coach took the Arkansas job

You know Doeren is probably kicking himself right now. If he waited 3 days he'd probably one of the two frontrunners (the other being Paul Chryst, Pitt HC) for that job (was Wisconsin DC for 5 years).

Posted

IC says Fedora is interviewing in NYC for the TENN job along with Mike Gundy.

Let's see here: Losing to Wake and Duke in the same season now interviewing for a doomed TENN job? Not a good way to start your career at Carolina and just shows the guy is a hired gun not interested in developing a program. Maybe Carolina might want to send Fedora on his marry way.

Not hating on fedora personally, strike while the iron is hot I guess.

Bobby Lutz probably regrets to this day not taking the TENN basketball job when it was offered to him 11 years ago.

Lutz was never offered the job. He would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Posted

@38Godfrey: I can confirm that Fedora has interviewed with Tennessee in New York on Tuesday, & is a serious final candidate. Story coming

@Jason_Higdon: I believe Larry Fedora is meeting with Tennessee and Charlie Strong will announce Wed he is staying with Louisville

Posted

One annoying school color to another

Posted

Thought Strong was the first choice still. Fedora would be an idiot to move after one year unless UT is his dream job. IMO Strong would take the position and he is the best candidate available, better than Bilema as well.