Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedora Rumor...

114 posts in this topic

Posted

Just to add something to the Fedora part of this story, it looks like UT gave him a real solid offer and he turned it down.

https://twitter.com/SEisbergWCIV

Scott Eisberg ‏@SEisbergWCIV

Asked Reedy abt his fmr asst UNC HC Larry Fedora.Says Fedora called him yest and said 'I turned down more money than I ever thought I'd see'

Scott Eisberg ‏@SEisbergWCIV

Reedy says Fedora said yest 'he's happy at UNC and its right place for him,but its amazing the money being thrown around out there'(from UT)

Posted

Fedora must have sucked in his interview if they don't hire him because there is no way in hell you turn down Tennessee to stay at Carolina...unless Tennessee really is that big of a dumpster fire.

Fedora was offered the job but he turned down a butt load of money from Tennessee.

http://www2.nbc17.com/sports/2012/dec/07/2/report-uncs-fedora-turned-down-more-money-i-ever-t-ar-2840889/

Posted

Fedora was offered the job but he turned down a butt load of money from Tennessee.

http://www2.nbc17.co...r-t-ar-2840889/

Translation: Both Strong and Fedora have small nuts.

They like the low pressure gig and don't think they are ready to take on a fanbase that demands to win championships. It's fine that the pressure of the job is what made the decision for them but you will never convince anyone that knows college sports that these coaches "love" Louisville or UNC as a football job. That just isn't the case...it's about getting paid now and then when you are financially set and you feel like you finally grew a pair of balls you take a job like Tennessee, Florida, Bama.

Posted

They like the low pressure gig and don't think they are ready to take on a fanbase that demands to win championships. It's fine that the pressure of the job is what made the decision for them but you will never convince anyone that knows college sports that these coaches "love" Louisville or UNC as a football job. That just isn't the case...it's about getting paid now and then when you are financially set and you feel like you finally grew a pair of balls you take a job like Tennessee, Florida, Bama.

lol wut?

Posted

lol wut?

How does what I said not make sense to you? I will say it in a different way...Fedora and Strong want stability in a low pressure situation. Fedora is in a situation where he can't lose. He's coaching a team where the previous coach was a cheater that had them put on a bowl ban and lost scholarships.

Posted

Love how unicar speaks like he actually KNOWS what he's talking about.

3 people like this

Posted

first off UNC is not under NCAA investigation anymore, this is a university led process to try to insure the foolishness that led to the mess we find ourselves in never happens again. second UT has a great fanbase & support but the state of tenn does not produce much div. 1 caliber prospects while N. Carolina produces them in spades. in fact NC is taylor made for Fedora with the amount of spread offenses run in the state

The trolls think they are still under investigation. LOLZ. The Carolina hate on this board is visceral.

Also, people (i.e. posters on this board and members of the media) refer to carolina as a "stepping stone school" that is used by a coach for bigger and better things. I totally disagree and quite frankly anyone who says that doesn't know what they're talking about. When has a coach ever just got up and left for bigger and better things?

Posted

lol do you know who Fedora is? He is pretty much fearless. His coaching style doesn't really fit with SEC football. Not much of a defensive guy. I have no doubt he can coach in the SEC and beat the best the conference has to offer.

Posted

The trolls think they are still under investigation. LOLZ. The Carolina hate on this board is visceral.

Also, people (i.e. posters on this board and members of the media) refer to carolina as a "stepping stone school" that is used by a coach for bigger and better things. I totally disagree and quite frankly anyone who says that doesn't know what they're talking about. When has a coach ever just got up and left for bigger and better things?

Eh, Mack Brown is the obvious answer...but honestly, how many other coaches has UNC had that were even capable of moving on to a bigger/better school? Carolina is probably the best job in the State, has it's obvious perks/benefits, but it's still only a good job, not a great one.

Posted

How does what I said not make sense to you? I will say it in a different way...Fedora and Strong want stability in a low pressure situation. Fedora is in a situation where he can't lose. He's coaching a team where the previous coach was a cheater that had them put on a bowl ban and lost scholarships.

Haha wow you know everything dont you? Not only do you KNOW that Fedora and Strong are scared to go to a big name school (of course they couldnt just be holding out for a better big name job since UT is a few years away from winning), you KNOW that they arent doing it because they like their current situation either.

By all means keep throwing out your speculative bullshit, I think its funny.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry this thread has been hijacked by UT talk.

I'd love to get Tee back in Knoxville.

I'm feeling better about Jones, but he still needs a dynamite staff to recruit in the south.

Butch Jones is a great hire IMO not big name but he is a great coach,

Posted

Eh, Mack Brown is the obvious answer...but honestly, how many other coaches has UNC had that were even capable of moving on to a bigger/better school? Carolina is probably the best job in the State, has it's obvious perks/benefits, but it's still only a good job, not a great one.

Mack Brown the obvious answer?

Uh, he was at Carolina for a decade before heading to Texas.

Wow.