• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

@38Godfrey: I can confirm that Fedora has interviewed with Tennessee in New York on Tuesday, & is a serious final candidate. Story coming

@Jason_Higdon: I believe Larry Fedora is meeting with Tennessee and Charlie Strong will announce Wed he is staying with Louisville

#47 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

One annoying school color to another

#48 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thought Strong was the first choice still. Fedora would be an idiot to move after one year unless UT is his dream job. IMO Strong would take the position and he is the best candidate available, better than Bilema as well.

#49 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Haha state fans think Fedora is a great coach all of a sudden just cause he beat state. You know there are other games on the schedule right?

His defense this year was, shall we say, laughable. I'm not sold on Fedora being the right guy at UNC, I honestly dont know why he would be such a hot name after this year. I'd like to see him stick around and give him a chance to build a defense to complement his highly entertaining offense, but if he is already interested in other jobs I would rather he leave now and give us a chance to find another guy who wants to be here

#50 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Haha state fans think Fedora is a great coach all of a sudden just cause he beat state.

Who said this?

#51 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Who said this?

More than half the posts in this thread are from state fans. You are clearly more interested in Fedora leaving than most UNC fans.

Or do all UNC coaching changes leave you with perma-boner

#52 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Pretty sure Fedora has little to no input on the defense. Fairly certain he lets his DC handle all of that. We'll get better defensively. Rumors say Gio isn't certain on leaving either. If he comes back, with our other returning pieces on offense, we'll be scary good (so long as our defense improves, even just a LITTLE bit).

Fedora is the right guy. He had one year to implement his stuff. To say you're not sold on a guy who gave you a top tier offense in the country in just ONE year in a fairly complex system is just flat out stupid.

#53 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

More than half the posts in this thread are from state fans. You are clearly more interested in Fedora leaving than most UNC fans.

Or do all UNC coaching changes leave you with perma-boner

Just loling

I liked the Fedora hire

I just like loling

#54 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Pretty sure Fedora has little to no input on the defense. Fairly certain he lets his DC handle all of that. We'll get better defensively. Rumors say Gio isn't certain on leaving either. If he comes back, with our other returning pieces on offense, we'll be scary good (so long as our defense improves, even just a LITTLE bit).

Fedora is the right guy. He had one year to implement his stuff. To say you're not sold on a guy who gave you a top tier offense in the country in just ONE year in a fairly complex system is just flat out stupid.

His offense is great, no doubt. But its not like UNC played, well, any good teams this year, so I wont proclaim his offense as the greatest thing since sliced bread just yet.

The fact is that defense is always going to be at a disadvantage for teams that play in an uptempo spread like he runs, and its not going to magically fix itself. If his DC can fix it, great, but I have my doubts- our D was atrocious this year.

He had a really good 1st year, but inheriting that OL and Gio was a huge boost. We shall see if he can sustain the success and build on it (or not)

#55 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Fedora may or may not be good but if he left UNC could not replace him with anyone better. Simply put they would be in deep sh*t. But whatever.

strawmen etc.

#56 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Just loling

I liked the Fedora hire

I just like loling

Thats just you doing you. I'm just entertained by the attention we get from rival fans

#57 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

We can all hate Dick Vitale together

#58 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Fedora may or may not be good but if he left UNC could not replace him with anyone better. Simply put they would be in deep sh*t. But whatever.

strawmen etc.

Well if he does leave, I hope Bubba at least asks for some advise from Sheikh Zula, expert football coach evaluator

#59 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

It's time for you to stop posting

#60 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Its not that I think Fedora is a great coach, its all about the lolz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.