Photo
- - - - -

I think I am going to fire someone next week.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Since you've got the paper trail and human resources is involved, I'm assuming you've already talked to the person. Do what you've got to do. You're in the managerial position and you have to make tough decisions. If you can't do it, step down.

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'd ask you all to go back and look at history. All those textile companies and furniture companies that closed their doors and sent jobs overseas during the last 12 years? Most of them did it during the last quarter of the fiscal year, generally between September and January.

I live in the town which houses the corporate offices of Hooker, Stanley, Basset furniture, formerly DuPont, Tultex, VF and several others- they all closed up shop right before the holidays.

#33 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I've got two who are doing half the production of the others and yesterday we talked to them. I felt like a dick but it had to be done. This is why I hate the "everyone gets a prize" thing we have going on in schools and youth athletics nowadays. Kids grow up thinking there's no such thing as "not good enough."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com