Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Clerk shoots man after punch

53 posts in this topic

Thank you. And I like how GS conveniently avoids why the guy had a gun to begin with...because thugs had robbed him last year and put a bullet in his leg.

is that also why he unlocked the door? because it sounds to me like he just wanted to play cowboy

1 person likes this

is that also why he unlocked the door? because it sounds to me like he just wanted to play cowboy

I don't blame him if he did. He'd been shot in the leg and punched in the face at that point. If this situation were reversed you'd be all over the rights of the clerk to defend himself. If this was some redneck neighbor harassing a gay man or a black man you'd say the redneck got what he deserved. And I would agree with you.

Guy with gun should never have gone outside, should go to jail for a bit

Guy without gun who punched guy with gun is unbelievably stupid

Here's another one...

http://news.yahoo.co...-004720741.html

Michael Dunn, 45, is being held without bail on charges of second-degree murder for the Friday night shooting of Jordan Davis, who was also 17.

According to authorities, Dunn pulled into the parking lot of a Jacksonville, Florida, gas station alongside the SUV where Davis and three friends, all of them young African Americans, were listening to music.

Dunn asked them to turn their music down and, after an apparent exchange of words with Davis, he produced a gun and fired eight or nine shots at the SUV. At least two of the bullets hit Davis, causing his death.

Dunn, who was in Jacksonville for his son's wedding, sped off after the shooting but he was arrested on Saturday in Brevard County, Florida, police said.

Dunn's lawyer, Robin Lemonidis, told reporters that someone in the SUV brandished a shotgun and Dunn opened fire on the vehicle in self-defense.

Based solely on the article because that's all I got... this guy is guilty of murder too... if someone brandishes a shotgun, and you go to your car, come back with a gun and shoot them, you're not defending yourself. Obviously there are a lot of variables there, but if you can go to your car, you can leave the scene...

Edit: meh, I read it wrong... it says he "produced a gun"... so it's questionable. Still think it was uncalled for.

Here's another one...

Based solely on the article because that's all I got... this guy is guilty of murder too... if someone brandishes a shotgun, and you go to your car, come back with a gun and shoot them, you're not defending yourself. Obviously there are a lot of variables there, but if you can go to your car, you can leave the scene...

Edit: meh, I read it wrong... it says he "produced a gun"... so it's questionable. Still think it was uncalled for.

Totally different situation here. Guy drives into a parking lot where others are listening to music and tells them to turn it down?

As opposed to guy trying to do his job and getting shot in the leg and punched in the face.

Totally different situation here. Guy drives into a parking lot where others are listening to music and tells them to turn it down?

As opposed to guy trying to do his job and getting shot in the leg and punched in the face.

Wasn't really comparing the situations so much... just the shooting part. Had I read it correctly, I may not have posted it... too many things at once I suppose.

I am not for gun restrictions, but poo like this makes me wonder... I guess irresponsible people are irresponsible no matter what.

Wasn't really comparing the situations so much... just the shooting part. Had I read it correctly, I may not have posted it... too many things at once I suppose.

I am not for gun restrictions, but poo like this makes me wonder... I guess irresponsible people are irresponsible no matter what.

I don't know the particulars of the story, but from what I've read I hope the parking lot guy goes away for a long time. The clerk, however, I'll defend to the hilt, unless someone proves to me he was dealing or something like that.

I don't think the guy deserves to be charged with murder but he should lose his right to own a gun. But to think that guy deserved to get shot is sadistic, borderline psychotic.

Guns don't kill bullies, people with guns kill bullies.

Arguing through the glass does not mean it was locked.

As you can tell there is someone else in the store already.

It looks to me that the attendant told him to come on in, and waved his right arm to let him in, and the other dude kept jawing.

After that they both get into each others face, but the young guy makes the mistake of swinging. He then pulled the gun and fired.

Who is to say that the guy was not fearful of his life.

Love the marching, that is awesome. two thumbs up.

Don't pull a gun unless you are WILLING to use it. Dumbass cowboys like you are the main reason gun rights get challenged.

dumbass cowboys like me?? Don't get mad cause you spouted off some stupid ignorant trash. Only an idiot pulls a gun for scare tactics.

Here's another one...

just to fall back into the other thread about racism...this is one more reason why it will never die. The media likes to bait us all a wee bit too now don't they? There was a bunch of teens...and they were African American....you know...because that plays a big part in the story and probably why one got shot!!!!