Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Lawsuit against CIA for killing Scientist.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

They'll take them if the people don't stand Up for their rights. But they wont go door to door and take them. Theyll just mandate that you turn it in or offer a buy-back program, and people will just dumbly comply. Other countries like New Zealand, Great Britain, and Australia have successfully taken them away from their citizens Due to their apathy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15KLhgZaRvc

Do you really think that you can't legally have a gun in any of those countries?

#17 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,504 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

My point is this. I don't understand why the government would do these things in order to achieve some diabolically tyrannical control. They already have that without having to showcase it to the world. They already have that under the guise of freedom and with being able to go into any sovereign nation they want to and do whatever they please in the name of democracy. They weild supreme absolute power. Why fug things up and change it from how it is now?

Now saying they offed a guy because he was having second thoughts about having the stomach for his top secret job, yes I find that to be absolutely plausible. Not in the fashion mentioned, but plausible. But this talk of government conspiracies to create gun violence in order to rile up anti-gun advocates and make this a no-gun country, I just don't see the point behind such a scheme.

#18 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

My point is this. I don't understand why the government would do these things in order to achieve some diabolically tyrannical control. They already have that without having to showcase it to the world. They already have that under the guise of freedom and with being able to go into any sovereign nation they want to and do whatever they please in the name of democracy. They weild supreme absolute power. Why fug things up and change it from how it is now?

Now saying they offed a guy because he was having second thoughts about having the stomach for his top secret job, yes I find that to be absolutely plausible. Not in the fashion mentioned, but plausible. But this talk of government conspiracies to create gun violence in order to rile up anti-gun advocates and make this a no-gun country, I just don't see the point behind such a scheme.

I'm not getting into the gun thing, but can you explain the bolded part? Why do you find it hard to believe that they would throw the man from a window and blame it on a drug induced suicide?

#19 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

They'll take them if the people don't stand Up for their rights. But they wont go door to door and take them. Theyll just mandate that you turn it in or offer a buy-back program, and people will just dumbly comply. Other countries like New Zealand, Great Britain, and Australia have successfully taken them away from their citizens Due to their apathy.

Well so far the only people I've heard talk about taking guns away are people who bring up the point just to tell you that they will never give their guns to the government.

Its a ludicrous idea on the face of it- who the fug is gonna pass this law, congress? Haha, right. Republican congressman couldnt even consider the possibility without being immediately replaced, and even if a bill gets forced through congress it would be thrown out by the supreme court so quickly it would make your head spin.

There is absolutely no need for you to "stand up for your rights" on this issue- you already have one of the biggest lobbying groups on capitol hill doing that in a far more effective way ($$$$$)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.