Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just looking at the teams who might draft before us.

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So Oakafor, Robin Lopez, Andrea Bargnani, Tyler Zeller, Anderson Varajao, and Tristan Thompson are all on the level of Kyrie Irving. Got it.

Did I ever say teams always draft BPA? No. I said teams generally go BPA. No, you don't spend a lottery pick on a position you already have a superstar but Chicago proves my point. Hinrich was a starter level PG in the NBA at the time but they tok a shot on a guy who could be a superstar as opposed to a guy who would definitely help them right away.

Maybe you should use a Bigman from this year draft to make your point on the 1st statment.

Hinrich was avg at best please stop making him out to be some good PG. He is and was a Back-up for a good team. He just started on a bad Bulls team. They went for a upgrade and need at PG when they drafted Rose.

Like I said If the Bulls had CP3 they wouldn't have drafted Rose.

Posted · Report post

Not that this really adds a lot to the conversation, but while Rose was the consensus #1, I do remember it being really close between him and Beasley. The closer it got to the draft, the more Rose was mocked as the #1 pick.

Smokescreens

Like when NO was throwing around rumors that they like Trob when they knew Anthony Davis was the pick since the Draft lottery.

Posted · Report post

Do I really need to post all the mock drafts that have Beasley going 1st?

I don't care what a few dumbass mocks show. Dick Morris and Karl Rove also thought that Romney would win in a landslide. How that workout?

Chicago fans would have rioted if the Bulls didn't take Rose. It wasn't even close.

Posted · Report post

Maybe you should use a Bigman from this year draft to make your point on the 1st statment.

Hinrich was avg at best please stop making him out to be some good PG. He is and was a Back-up for a good team. He just started on a bad Bulls team. They went for a upgrade and need at PG when they drafted Rose.

Like I said If the Bulls had CP3 they wouldn't have drafted Rose.

They made the playoffs 3 of 5 years before they drafted Rose and one of the years they didn't was Hinrich's rookie year. Yep, the Bulls were a terrible team.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Posted · Report post

They made the playoffs 3 of 5 years before they drafted Rose and one of the years they didn't was Hinrich's rookie year. Yep, the Bulls were a terrible team.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Stop spinnning the truth. At the same time Hinrich was their the bulls also drafted.

Ben Gordon and Chris Duhon to be the primary ball handlers. They also traded for Howard Eisley during that time as well. So they were always looking for some PG help when Hinrich was suppose to be good starting PG.

ALSO the reason they were in position to get Rose was the fallout in 2007-08 season where they only won 33 games and got John Paxson fired.

Posted · Report post

Stop spinnning the truth. At the same time Hinrich was their the bulls also drafted.

Ben Gordon and Chris Duhon to be the primary ball handlers. They also traded for Howard Eisley during that time as well. So they were always looking for some PG help when Hinrich was suppose to be good starting PG.

ALSO the reason they were in position to get Rose was the fallout in 2007-08 season where they only won 33 games and got John Paxson fired.

Ben Gordon is a SG and Duhon backed up Hinrich the whole time he was in Chicago.

So, who's spinning the truth?

Posted · Report post

Ben Gordon is a SG and Duhon backed up Hinrich the whole time he was in Chicago.

So, who's spinning the truth?

Ben Gordon handles the ball just as much as any PG and Chris Duhon was getting pretty good Minutes a game for a back-up. Not to mention that Kirk just like Ben played SG to.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2377/chris-duhon

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1981/kirk-hinrich

Now pick up your face.

Posted · Report post

Ben Gordon handles the ball just as much as any PG and Chris Duhon was getting pretty good Minutes a game for a back-up. Not to mention that Kirk just like Ben played SG to.

http://espn.go.com/n...377/chris-duhon

http://espn.go.com/n...81/kirk-hinrich

Now pick up your face.

Saying that Chris Duhon was the 6th main in Chicago proves what exactly? He still backed Hinrich up.

And this still has nothing to do with your original argument.

Posted · Report post

Saying that Chris Duhon was the 6th main in Chicago proves what exactly? He still backed Hinrich up.

And this still has nothing to do with your original argument.

What about the fact that Hinrich was just as much of a SG as Ben Gordon? Which they have him listed as just like Ben Gordon.

As for the original Debate. Like I said Hinrich was more of a avg pg/sg. So the team Drafted a pure PG (Rose) as a need.

I issued a challege that I can name more teams that drafted for need in the last 10 years. Then you can name teams that drafted BPA.

Either step up or shut up.

Posted · Report post

Not that this really matters, because I would draft BPA over need just about anytime, but Kirk was definitely the main ball handler, and the PG of those Bulls teams. Gordon was their main scorer and mostly a catch and shoot guy that could still create his own shot. Kirk is only listed as a SG right now, because that's what he's played the last few years. I think that teams generally draft for need early on (unless there is a much better player available), and draft BPA in the latter part of the draft.

Posted · Report post

Not that this really matters, because I would draft BPA over need just about anytime, but Kirk was definitely the main ball handler, and the PG of those Bulls teams. Gordon was their main scorer and mostly a catch and shoot guy that could still create his own shot. Kirk is only listed as a SG right now, because that's what he's played the last few years. I think that teams generally draft for need early on (unless there is a much better player available), and draft BPA in the latter part of the draft.

Stats say different.

1. In 5-7 less min per game Duhon was avg. 1 less ast. Who was the Primary Ball handler when Duhon was in the game?

Duhon

2. Gordon and Hinrich were taking the same amount of shots a game. So there were no set position in the backcourt (unless Duhon was in there) either of them could bring the ball up or could start the play.

3. Kirk ast. numbers went down when Duhon and Gordon got on the team.

His rookie year was his highest 6.8 a game. The numbers declined when Duhon and Gordon was drafted the next year. Showing he gave up some of the pg guard duties.

Doesn't change my point If Kirk was so good at PG. Why were the Bulls always looking for better options? They drafted a pure PG and a PG/SG the next year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1981/kirk-hinrich

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2381/ben-gordon

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2377/chris-duhon

Now I agree teams go for need in the lottery and BPA later in the 1st round.

Posted · Report post

Stats say different.

1. In 5-7 less min per game Duhon was avg. 1 less ast. Who was the Primary Ball handler when Duhon was in the game?

Duhon

2. Gordon and Hinrich were taking the same amount of shots a game. So there were no set position in the backcourt (unless Duhon was in there) either of them could bring the ball up or could start the play.

3. Kirk ast. numbers went down when Duhon and Gordon got on the team.

His rookie year was his highest 6.8 a game. The numbers declined when Duhon and Gordon was drafted the next year. Showing he gave up some of the pg guard duties.

Doesn't change my point If Kirk was so good at PG. Why were the Bulls always looking for better options? They drafted a pure PG and a PG/SG the next year.

http://espn.go.com/n...81/kirk-hinrich

http://espn.go.com/n...2381/ben-gordon

http://espn.go.com/n...377/chris-duhon

Now I agree teams go for need in the lottery and BPA later in the 1st round.

Oh, I'm not disputing that Hinrich wasn't a pure PG or that he wasn't ever anything more than a better than average NBA starting PG.

Duhon had a usage rate of between 13% and 15%. His assist % was between 24% and 28%. His Assists Per 36 Min was between 6 and about 6 and a half assists per game.

Hinrich had a usage rate between 18% and 22%. His assist % was between 29% and 32%. His Assists Per 36 Min was between roughly 6 and a half to 7.

While Gordon only took a couple of more shots per game than Hinrich did, they did have set positions. Hinrich was the PG (who could slide over to the 2-guard spot at times because of his size), and Gordon was a SG who wasn't capable of playing PG. Hinrich's assist numbers went down very very very slightly, but that is to be expected when you add a solid PG (at the time) in Duhon, and a 2-guard who needs the ball in his hands a little bit in Gordon. Even with Duhon and Gordon on the team, Kirk's assist numbers only went down by 0.5-0.6 assists per game (per 36 min), and actually the season before Rose arrived, he was averaging 6.8 assists per 36 min, which would match his career high. Rose was drafted the following year (picked because of a mix of him being BPA and because they could upgrade at the PG position, although it wasn't necessarily a "need").