Photo
- - - - -

Just looking at the teams who might draft before us.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Let's see, Lopez is average.

Nene is injured and okafor is okafor.

Cavs, Thompson not living up to his talents and Zeller isn't even close to his brother.

Lopez may be avg. but again he's young and they just signed him. He will get a chance plus I think NO will be better then us anyway.

And They are paying them both Big money not to mention again they like Seraphin and Booker. They will go wingman again.

Cavs won't go big 3 years in a row. I know they want another wing player.

#17 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Let me put it this way... Say A Dwight Howard type Big man talent was coming out... How many of these teams will really just pass on him for a lesser player just because of needs.... Or if any other team won the #11 pick last year do you think they were not drafting Davis???? When Baby Zeller comes out do you think all of these teams will pass on him????

I love the NBA and the draft.... These guys draft the players they feel can be franchise piece for years to come.

Now there is a difference. If we are talking about a can't miss Franchise player. Like (Lebron, Duncan, Shaq or Howard) then yes you're right a team will take that player no matter what. But this year isn't that situation unless somebody jumps out. So most teams will draft off need.

I don't see ESP. Detriot or Sac taking Zeller or Noel at all no matter if they have the 1st pick.

Do you not agree with that?

I also think I can name more teams that drafted on need then BPA.

#18 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Do you even remember the Bulls PG before Rose?

Kirk Hinrich. Who, at that time, was playing pretty damn well.

Also, opinion on the 2 was split at the time. No one would have been surprised to see Beasley go
number 1.

Also, also, you have no clue what you're talking about.

#19 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

What was true about his statment. I don't remember it being close between Rose and Beasley. It was a lot of smokescreens but everybody knew the Bulls would take The home town kid and biggest need Rose.

Do you even remember the Bulls PG before Rose?

Kirk Hinrich was pretty good for Chicago before Rose got there, most people thought Chicago would take Rose but Beasley had the better season in college.

Either way- point is teams dont really care about positions at the top of the draft. Look at Minnesota drafting Love while they still had Jefferson.

#20 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Kirk Hinrich, who at that time, was playing pretty damn well.

Yeah right. He isn't a reason you don't draft Derrick Rose. Just like Daniel Gibson wasn't a reason you don't draft Kyrie Irving.

But I promise you if the Wizards had the first pick last year. Since they already had John Wall they would have taken Derrick Williams 1st instead of BPA Kyrie Irving.

#21 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Yeah right. He isn't a reason you don't draft Derrick Rose. Just like Daniel Gibson wasn't a reason you don't draft Kyrie Irving.

But I promise you if the Wizards had the first pick last year. Since they already had John Wall they would have taken Derrick Williams 1st instead of BPA Kyrie Irving.

So Oakafor, Robin Lopez, Andrea Bargnani, Tyler Zeller, Anderson Varajao, and Tristan Thompson are all on the level of John Wall. Got it.

Did I ever say teams always draft BPA? No. I said teams generally go BPA. No, you don't spend a lottery pick on a position you already have a superstar but Chicago proves my point. Hinrich was a starter level PG in the NBA at the time but they tok a shot on a guy who could be a superstar as opposed to a guy who would definitely help them right away.

#22 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Kirk Hinrich was pretty good for Chicago before Rose got there, most people thought Chicago would take Rose but Beasley had the better season in college.

Either way- point is teams dont really care about positions at the top of the draft. Look at Minnesota drafting Love while they still had Jefferson.

Krik was avg. and Rose was the hometown kid. Olny YES! YES! YES! thought it might be Beasley. Most people knew Rose was doing to Chicago.

Rose came off taking his team to the National Championship game. How did Beasley have a better college year then Rose?

Love and Jefferson are seen as 2 different Positions. Jefferson is a C and Love is a PF. They could have and should be playing together. Minny GM is just stupid. They wasted picks on 2 Pg in the same draft Back to back. With Demar Derozen still on the board.

#23 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Krik was avg. and Rose was the hometown kid. Olny YES! YES! YES! thought it might be Beasley. Most people knew Rose was doing to Chicago.

Rose came off taking his team to the National Championship game. How did Beasley have a better college year then Rose?

Love and Jefferson are seen as 2 different Positions. Jefferson is a C and Love is a PF. They could have and should be playing together. Minny GM is just stupid. They wasted picks on 2 Pg in the same draft Back to back. With Demar Derozen still on the board.

Do I really need to post all the mock drafts that have Beasley going 1st?

#24 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Not that this really adds a lot to the conversation, but while Rose was the consensus #1, I do remember it being really close between him and Beasley. The closer it got to the draft, the more Rose was mocked as the #1 pick.

#25 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

So Oakafor, Robin Lopez, Andrea Bargnani, Tyler Zeller, Anderson Varajao, and Tristan Thompson are all on the level of Kyrie Irving. Got it.

Did I ever say teams always draft BPA? No. I said teams generally go BPA. No, you don't spend a lottery pick on a position you already have a superstar but Chicago proves my point. Hinrich was a starter level PG in the NBA at the time but they tok a shot on a guy who could be a superstar as opposed to a guy who would definitely help them right away.

Maybe you should use a Bigman from this year draft to make your point on the 1st statment.

Hinrich was avg at best please stop making him out to be some good PG. He is and was a Back-up for a good team. He just started on a bad Bulls team. They went for a upgrade and need at PG when they drafted Rose.

Like I said If the Bulls had CP3 they wouldn't have drafted Rose.

#26 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Not that this really adds a lot to the conversation, but while Rose was the consensus #1, I do remember it being really close between him and Beasley. The closer it got to the draft, the more Rose was mocked as the #1 pick.

Smokescreens

Like when NO was throwing around rumors that they like Trob when they knew Anthony Davis was the pick since the Draft lottery.

#27 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Do I really need to post all the mock drafts that have Beasley going 1st?

I don't care what a few dumbass mocks show. Dick Morris and Karl Rove also thought that Romney would win in a landslide. How that workout?

Chicago fans would have rioted if the Bulls didn't take Rose. It wasn't even close.

#28 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Maybe you should use a Bigman from this year draft to make your point on the 1st statment.

Hinrich was avg at best please stop making him out to be some good PG. He is and was a Back-up for a good team. He just started on a bad Bulls team. They went for a upgrade and need at PG when they drafted Rose.

Like I said If the Bulls had CP3 they wouldn't have drafted Rose.

They made the playoffs 3 of 5 years before they drafted Rose and one of the years they didn't was Hinrich's rookie year. Yep, the Bulls were a terrible team.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

#29 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

They made the playoffs 3 of 5 years before they drafted Rose and one of the years they didn't was Hinrich's rookie year. Yep, the Bulls were a terrible team.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Stop spinnning the truth. At the same time Hinrich was their the bulls also drafted.

Ben Gordon and Chris Duhon to be the primary ball handlers. They also traded for Howard Eisley during that time as well. So they were always looking for some PG help when Hinrich was suppose to be good starting PG.

ALSO the reason they were in position to get Rose was the fallout in 2007-08 season where they only won 33 games and got John Paxson fired.

#30 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Stop spinnning the truth. At the same time Hinrich was their the bulls also drafted.

Ben Gordon and Chris Duhon to be the primary ball handlers. They also traded for Howard Eisley during that time as well. So they were always looking for some PG help when Hinrich was suppose to be good starting PG.

ALSO the reason they were in position to get Rose was the fallout in 2007-08 season where they only won 33 games and got John Paxson fired.

Ben Gordon is a SG and Duhon backed up Hinrich the whole time he was in Chicago.

So, who's spinning the truth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users