Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

THE WAR ON XMAS/XIANS

66 posts in this topic

I'm a Christian and I'm bothered by the fact that many are prevented from saying Merry Christmas, I'm also bothered than people are offended by hearing it. If someone were to tell me happy Shabbat or Ramahdan it wouldn't bother me.

People are too eager to press their views on others and all this PC crap is just sad.

I don't think Christians should reduce Christmas to X-mas, but I don't reall care what non-Christians do.

64594_656311171203_446691765_n.jpg

I'm a Christian and I'm bothered by the fact that many are prevented from saying Merry Christmas, I'm also bothered than people are offended by hearing it. If someone were to tell me happy Shabbat or Ramahdan it wouldn't bother me.

People are too eager to press their views on others and all this PC crap is just sad.

I don't think Christians should reduce Christmas to X-mas, but I don't reall care what non-Christians do.

I like to be thoughtful of people. My wish to someone is applicable to them not me.

-I tell people idk Happy Holidays

-People that I KNOW are Christians Merry Christmas

-Jews I tell Happy Hanukkah

Why would my wish to them be about me?? It's like going around on my birthday and telling everyone Happy Birthday. Seems foolish

1 person likes this

I like to be thoughtful of people. My wish to someone is applicable to them not me.

Why would my wish to them be about me?? It's like going around on my birthday and telling everyone Happy Birthday. Seems foolish

This is what I tell people...

tumblr_mdj2tzjdtD1r5jcrno1_500.jpg

I agree and fighting about this goes against some of the foundational tenets of Christianity. What happened to patience, love, kindness, forgiveness and turning the other cheek?

Isn't that cute. What year is this...

I hope you see the irony in your question.

Isn't that cute. What year is this...

the cartoon wouldn't really be directly relevant in a thread on theology or the place of religion in society, etc., but it fits rather well in a thread about the alleged war on christmas, because it specifically addresses notions of "hijacking the holiday" which is what christmas as a traditional celebration essentially did. the current date does not take away from the power of the point being made.

I don't know of a single atheist offended by hearing "merry christmas".

I can understand a Jew or Muslim being offended by hearing "merry christmas".

I cannot understand a Christian being upset over NOT hearing "merry christmas".

It's not offensive unless you choose to find it offensive. Just like EVERY "offensive" thing. I can be offended by a woman not allowing me to open a door or get a chair, but it doesn't mean it IS offensive.

There is no war on Christmas, except maybe that Xians hijacked a lot of pagan traditions and the virgin birth story and all that. That's the real issue here. Yeah, Jesus is the reason for the season. You know, the season...where everybody puts pagan fertility symbols in their houses and exchange AND covet material things (something Jesus was supposedly ACTIVELY opposed to). Yep. That season.

2 people like this