76 replies to this topic

#61 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

There is a substantial performance difference between a $15 pair of jvc earbuds and a $300 pair of beyers. It's not just about the name brand... I've owned tons of $15 and $20 headphones... there's nothing wrong with them at all (i still love sony earbuds)... but if you're going to say that high quality headphones and speakers are the same as designer jeans... you really don't know what you're talking about. You may not think they're worth the money... but there is a significant difference... not to mention I've owned my best pair (paid $250ish) for close to 10 years... they're FAR better quality than equivalently priced speakers and I've spent $25 a year in headphones? bet I spend less per year than most people who buy the cheapies...

now, how does buying headphones make me self-centered?

easy bro... easy...

I've never said anything about speakers... just headphones.. and even then I alluded that folks with a reason to own them (other than for general music listening) should have a valid reason to splurge on the fancy ones...

The self-centered comment was about people that are able to tune out the outside world while in public venues in which they might need to be reached in an audible sense... Effectively, you're elimanting one of your five senses... A more appropriate analogy here would be texting and walking... which bugs the poo out of me too...

#62 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

easy bro... easy...

I've never said anything about speakers... just headphones.. and even then I alluded that folks with a reason to own them (other than for general music listening) should have a valid reason to splurge on the fancy ones...

The self-centered comment was about people that are able to tune out the outside world while in public venues in which they might need to be reached in an audible sense... Effectively, you're elimanting one of your five senses... A more appropriate analogy here would be texting and walking... which bugs the poo out of me too...

hahah, i am being easy...

sorry people being outside with headphones bothers you...

#63 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yesterday I ran the course that MPF is running tomorrow, killed it. No music.

how is it? easy, hard?

You running in it??

#64 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

how is it? easy, hard?

You running in it??

No not running it. Was thinking about it but too much to do. Like sleep.

Its a fast course MPF, you should destroy it. From the start all the way thru the first mile and a half is either flat or down hill. Couple short hills in that neighborhood, then one more tiny hill at Carson, then pretty flat back up tryon to the finish. Rock it!

#65 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I AM Beats

yo

#66 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,752 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

I AM Beats

yo

Posted Image

#67 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

No not running it. Was thinking about it but too much to do. Like sleep.

Its a fast course MPF, you should destroy it. From the start all the way thru the first mile and a half is either flat or down hill. Couple short hills in that neighborhood, then one more tiny hill at Carson, then pretty flat back up tryon to the finish. Rock it!

Sweet! I might wear two sports bras so me bouncies don't weigh me down :)

will post pics of me bending the tarhole mascot over RAWR!

GO DUKE!

#68 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I put on my headphones and jack them to 12 (fuck 11) for the specific reason to shut out the outside world. You, the other guy, and his little dog, too. I put on sunglasses to complete the effect. Don't bother me.

It's glorious.

#69 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I put on my headphones and jack them to 12 (fuck 11) for the specific reason to shut out the outside world. You, the other guy, and his little dog, too. I put on sunglasses to complete the effect. Don't bother me.

It's glorious.

I put in my buds at the gym, to keep the bitches from getting all up on me.

#70 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I've had a ton of headphones because they always tend to tear up on me for some reason. I mean, having to buy a new pair every 3 months bad. So far I've had

Jbuds - Decent for their price but not amazing sound. They pretty much block out 100% of the outside world though so I loved that.

Sony in ear Heavy Bass - These were really great and probably my favorite of the in ear ones. The only problem was that they broke extremely easy. I love the earpiece mold that fits really snuggles into your ear though.

Sony over head - They were pretty nice but didn't block out very much from the outside world. What I liked most about them was they were made very well so it was nearly impossibly to fug them up....until I stepped on them.

Phillips in ear - They were nice but the ear piece made your ear hurt after a bit.

Then, I ended up buying some over ear Skull Candy headphones last August and I haven't had to get anything since. They're made very well, have a nice design, durable, have great sound, and block out most outside noise. I'm actually really glad I got them because they were only $40 and if I didn't get them I was going to finally breakdown and try Beats.

#71 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,469 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

apparently being into something and spending money on high quality products to enjoy said thing is bad or weird too.

really there are some audiophile snobs who would mock you for "only" spending $300 on a set of headphones. the world is full of purists who insist that if you listen to music on anything other than pristine vinyl played on a $12000 pro-ject turntable equipped with a $6000 ortofon cartridge and a similarly high end tube preamp you might as well be listening to someone farting through a walkie talkie.

#72 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

It's okay... My misanthropy is self inclusive...

#73 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I can't run with earbuds in. I guess my ears get sweaty and they always fall out, at 16 I've already ran a half marathon doe i did thunder throad 279 out of 2500 at 16

farthest distance i ever did before that was 7

#74 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I bought mine and made Cam Newton listen to his brand new Dre Beats Studio. Sound impressive. I got the one with the batteries.

Posted Image

#75 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

LOL no, I'm never bored when I run, dunno why I'm faster though, just something I've noticed.

Yesterday I ran the course that MPF is running tomorrow, killed it. No music.

Bet MPF looks better running that course though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.