Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deems May: Panthers have 2 untouchable players

85 posts in this topic

Posted

Cj and Hardy are not going anywhere. Took us to damn long to rebuild this defensive line, Ryan Kalil too.

Posted

I would add CJ to the list before Kalil. CJ's contract is very reasonable for a top defensive end and he is playing up to his contract. Kalil is paid a ton for a non-premium position, and he has a $5 million bonus payable next year.

I surprised some of you mention guys like LaFell. He is a marginal #2 receiver. Why he would be considered a definite keeper is puzzling to me.

Posted

I think we have as many as some playoff teams. I mean how many do the Colts have? Two. How about Cincinnati? I mean in the NFL "untouchable" needs to be at QB, one on defense, and your coach. Everything else can be riddled with players who will shuffle in and out. When the Giants won their first Super Bowl with Eli they had like 2 untouchables and a good coach. We have mostly what we need to make a run as early as next year but have to get the coach right

not busting your chops or anything but they had a few more than 2.

also....go back and read what the fans were saying about their HC before he won a SB

Posted

I do have a question. If we kept TD, do you think he would be content in playing a back up role? I don't want to see another situation where we are trying to play all four of our linebackers, and in the end they are off rhythm because they keep getting taken off the field. That's why Kuechly had the impact he's had since the time Beason was placed on IR. Sure, playing his natural position helped, but his productivity is mostly credited for now playing more than 20% of defensive snaps. That whole situation and set up by Rivera was just dumb-dumb. I would rather release TD before going through that again.

Posted

1.Cam (The qb with the most potential in the NFL)

2.Luke (might be the best LB in the NFL in a few years)

3.Hardy (has a lot of potential)

4.Jstew (Once we trade Dwill he will flourish as the #1 back)

5.Norman(diamond in the rough)

*I don't get the Kalil love,dude put a bullseye on our back (SB)and he didn't back it up on the field.I would trade him for a 2nd pick if his value is still high,some people say he is the best center in the game for whatever that's worth.

Posted

Kalil and CJ would be on that list too.

Posted

i think the contract situations of CJ and Beason also make them untouchable... at least for the next year or two. I think Kalil is that important that he should be considered untouchable, but it's not like we are going to start axing a bunch of guys or trade them either.

Posted

I do have a question. If we kept TD, do you think he would be content in playing a back up role? I don't want to see another situation where we are trying to play all four of our linebackers, and in the end they are off rhythm because they keep getting taken off the field. That's why Kuechly had the impact he's had since the time Beason was placed on IR. Sure, playing his natural position helped, but his productivity is mostly credited for now playing more than 20% of defensive snaps. That whole situation and set up by Rivera was just dumb-dumb. I would rather release TD before going through that again.

Davis is very much a team player.

Posted

agree

completely

and i said as much weeks ago

i added Greg and Ryan to the list though and I think Deems should as well.

Deems is one of the few that does not mind telling it like it is.

Posted

beason is not untouchable

Posted

i think Davis will be making too much money to be a back-up, unfortunately.

Posted

Davis is very much a team player.

He's also a good player, who could start for a lot of teams. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to make the most money he can at this point in his career, in fact I encourage him to see if he can start for another team. Yet if he is content in being a pure back up, not looking to take away snaps from Beason, I would love to have him here.