#31 KRAKEN

KRAKEN

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationpanthernation

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

I have no problem with the 'core player' approach, provided you have someone in charge who's better at determining which players to build around than Marty Hurney was.

#32 KRAKEN

KRAKEN

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationpanthernation

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

agreed

#33 KRAKEN

KRAKEN

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationpanthernation

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Cam,is still learning defensive schemes.Why so many sacks and or fumbles cant get to 3rd and 4th options fast enough

#34 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Cam, Keek, Kalil

Although I wouldn't just give away our other guys- like CJ, Dwan, Norman, TD, Beason, Hardy, Alexander, LaFell, Olsen

#35 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

It's pretty much a figure speech...

#36 KRAKEN

KRAKEN

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationpanthernation

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

they are not going to gut the team.When hurney was fired,it served notice that no one is irreplaceable.The rest of season players are playing for a job.either here or somewhere else.But big contract no production,you are gone

#37 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Cj and Hardy are not going anywhere. Took us to damn long to rebuild this defensive line, Ryan Kalil too.

#38 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

I would add CJ to the list before Kalil. CJ's contract is very reasonable for a top defensive end and he is playing up to his contract. Kalil is paid a ton for a non-premium position, and he has a $5 million bonus payable next year.

I surprised some of you mention guys like LaFell. He is a marginal #2 receiver. Why he would be considered a definite keeper is puzzling to me.

#39 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

I think we have as many as some playoff teams. I mean how many do the Colts have? Two. How about Cincinnati? I mean in the NFL "untouchable" needs to be at QB, one on defense, and your coach. Everything else can be riddled with players who will shuffle in and out. When the Giants won their first Super Bowl with Eli they had like 2 untouchables and a good coach. We have mostly what we need to make a run as early as next year but have to get the coach right

not busting your chops or anything but they had a few more than 2.

also....go back and read what the fans were saying about their HC before he won a SB

#40 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

I do have a question. If we kept TD, do you think he would be content in playing a back up role? I don't want to see another situation where we are trying to play all four of our linebackers, and in the end they are off rhythm because they keep getting taken off the field. That's why Kuechly had the impact he's had since the time Beason was placed on IR. Sure, playing his natural position helped, but his productivity is mostly credited for now playing more than 20% of defensive snaps. That whole situation and set up by Rivera was just dumb-dumb. I would rather release TD before going through that again.

#41 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

1.Cam (The qb with the most potential in the NFL)
2.Luke (might be the best LB in the NFL in a few years)
3.Hardy (has a lot of potential)
4.Jstew (Once we trade Dwill he will flourish as the #1 back)
5.Norman(diamond in the rough)

*I don't get the Kalil love,dude put a bullseye on our back (SB)and he didn't back it up on the field.I would trade him for a 2nd pick if his value is still high,some people say he is the best center in the game for whatever that's worth.

#42 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Kalil and CJ would be on that list too.

#43 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

i think the contract situations of CJ and Beason also make them untouchable... at least for the next year or two. I think Kalil is that important that he should be considered untouchable, but it's not like we are going to start axing a bunch of guys or trade them either.

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,392 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

I do have a question. If we kept TD, do you think he would be content in playing a back up role? I don't want to see another situation where we are trying to play all four of our linebackers, and in the end they are off rhythm because they keep getting taken off the field. That's why Kuechly had the impact he's had since the time Beason was placed on IR. Sure, playing his natural position helped, but his productivity is mostly credited for now playing more than 20% of defensive snaps. That whole situation and set up by Rivera was just dumb-dumb. I would rather release TD before going through that again.

Davis is very much a team player.

#45 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

agree

completely

and i said as much weeks ago

i added Greg and Ryan to the list though and I think Deems should as well.

Deems is one of the few that does not mind telling it like it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com