• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 run1stdownrun2nddown

run1stdownrun2nddown

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Forgive me if this was already discussed, did not see it anywhere. Was Ron calling plays at certain points in the game? First time I'd seen him holding the sheet like that.

#2 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Would explain the under center plays.

Rivera may be clueless but he's probably better than Chud

#3 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

I saw him holding the sheet but didn't see his mouth move. Looked like he was reading a foreign language. I hope he was, if so it's a step in the right direction

#4 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

it could have been something for defensive play calls because of Mcdem being in the booth and that was also the first time ive seen him up there and not on the sidelines

#5 ahefner33

ahefner33

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSt Simons Island, GA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I hope so.

I also noticed McDermott up in the box instead of down on the field. Maybe he's been up there but first time I've noticed.

#6 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,263 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

He probably just saw some other coach doing it and thought it looked cool.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

not a pro-ron post at all, just an observation.

last year, by his own admission, rivera was more involved in the offense which is part of the reason why the defense was so crappy. he said he was going to take more of an active role in the defense since the offense seemed to be doing well.

this year the defense is better, but the offense has been rather crappy and unproductive.

correlation or coincidence?

#8 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

not a pro-ron post at all, just an observation.

last year, by his own admission, rivera which is part of the reason why the defense was so crappy. he said he was going to take more of an active role in the defense since the offense seemed to be doing well.

this year the defense is better, but the offense has been rather crappy and unproductive.

correlation or coincidence?

Did he actually say he was more involved in the O last year?

I thought he was more of a let the coordinators run things type of coach. I did hear him say he was going to be more involved with the D at the beginning of the year but that does not signify that he "was more involved in the offense"

#9 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Did he actually say he was more involved in the O last year?

I thought he was more of a let the coordinators run things type of coach. I did hear him say he was going to be more involved with the D at the beginning of the year but that does not signify that he "was more involved in the offense"

i could be wrong, i mean it happens often enough, but i think i remember him talking about being more involved there. not necessarily with the play calling, but keeping a closer eye on what was going on just because that was the side of the ball that needed the most work (after 2010) and he had a rookie QB starting.

i think he became more hands off the offense this year. at least that's just my understanding.

#10 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I saw him holding the sheet but didn't see his mouth move. Looked like he was reading a foreign language. I hope he was, if so it's a step in the right direction

Was probably ordering dinner.

#11 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I don't think Ron could anymore call an offensive play than Chud could call a defensive play. If Ron was involved in actual playcalling, it was on the defensive side of the ball.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I don't think Ron could anymore call an offensive play than Chud could call a defensive play. If Ron was involved in actual playcalling, it was on the defensive side of the ball.

i was assuming it was more just influencing what happens and maybe even some gameplanning and making sure that they were working on the right things in practice and focusing on the right things in the classroom.

#14 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image

To be fair, that play worked for us on my high school football team at least 5 times for a score.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I hope so.

I also noticed McDermott up in the box instead of down on the field. Maybe he's been up there but first time I've noticed.

McD is always on the sideline.....only Philly this year was he in a booth. His D also poo'd the bed with him up their. Hate coaches up Ina booth.....no way to communicate with your guys and get input from the guys you are ordering around about what they are experiencing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com