Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

Do we need the same positions now, as we needed then?

30 posts in this topic

Our old buddy Magnus from TBR likes the West Coast. I prefer the Coryell.

But hey, anything but the read option, right?

it just needs to be simple to learn/master, fast paced, aggressive, able to capitalize on rules protecting the passing game, and spread out defenses thin.

it is a love hate scheme isn't it.

I've heard a few of ex- players/coaches on tv/radio say they believe it is the best system for Cam's skill set. We just need a better Oline to run it.

Myself .......I prefer the Coryell system

I kinda wonder whether people who hope we get Andy Reid have really considered how Newton's skill set would fit in a West Coast offense.

My gut feeling is that they haven't.

it just needs to be simple to learn/master, fast paced, aggressive, able to capitalize on rules protecting the passing game, and spread out defenses thin.

I fear logging on here and seeing people discussing how many years it takes to really master the WCO.

That'd be a nightmare :(

1 person likes this

I kinda wonder whether people who hope we get Andy Reid have really considered how Newton's skill set would fit in a West Coast offense.

I convinced most don't think at all.

1 person likes this

other than having no faith in him to put together a good staff, the WCO thing is the biggest deterrent. major red flag.

that said, he did have the offense switched to a much more simple spread to accomadate vick so it shows he's at least willing to change.

other than having no faith in him to put together a good staff, the WCO thing is the biggest deterrent. major red flag.

that said, he did have the offense switched to a much more simple spread to accomadate vick so it shows he's at least willing to change.

Willing to change, yeah. But he's been a WCO coach for how many years now? I really like Andy Reid - but I REALLY don't want him coaching this team.

Willing to change, yeah. But he's been a WCO coach for how many years now? I really like Andy Reid - but I REALLY don't want him coaching this team.

Same here.

Given the family turmoil he's had and the fact that there'll likely be a lasting demand for him, I could easily see him taking a year off.

1 person likes this

Kinda tired of the emphasis on drafting a DT in the first. None of those guys that went in round one this year are making much impact on their respective teams and thankfully we went with who we did. I know people are high on Star, i honestly have never watched Utah play to see what he has to offer.

In regards to this thread, I agree we do need the same positions it seems but I'm starting to think O-line is becoming a major need.

Kinda tired of the emphasis on drafting a DT in the first. None of those guys that went in round one this year are making much impact on their respective teams and thankfully we went with who we did. I know people are high on Star, i honestly have never watched Utah play to see what he has to offer.

In regards to this thread, I agree we do need the same positions it seems but I'm starting to think O-line is becoming a major need.

You have a point about DT. The best thing you can do when it comes to DT, is sign one through free agency. However, I do think a guy like Lotulelei would be a good pick up.

I think that we need a Wes Welker like WR, O-line (2), S, CB, P, TE and a better coaching staff.

I think that we need a Wes Welker like WR, O-line (2), S, CB, P, TE and a better coaching staff.

too bad hurney couldnt have drafted a first round coach, we would be golden