Photo
- - - - -

Do we need the same positions now, as we needed then?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,758 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Willing to change, yeah. But he's been a WCO coach for how many years now? I really like Andy Reid - but I REALLY don't want him coaching this team.

Same here.

Given the family turmoil he's had and the fact that there'll likely be a lasting demand for him, I could easily see him taking a year off.

#17 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Kinda tired of the emphasis on drafting a DT in the first. None of those guys that went in round one this year are making much impact on their respective teams and thankfully we went with who we did. I know people are high on Star, i honestly have never watched Utah play to see what he has to offer.

In regards to this thread, I agree we do need the same positions it seems but I'm starting to think O-line is becoming a major need.

#18 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Kinda tired of the emphasis on drafting a DT in the first. None of those guys that went in round one this year are making much impact on their respective teams and thankfully we went with who we did. I know people are high on Star, i honestly have never watched Utah play to see what he has to offer.

In regards to this thread, I agree we do need the same positions it seems but I'm starting to think O-line is becoming a major need.

You have a point about DT. The best thing you can do when it comes to DT, is sign one through free agency. However, I do think a guy like Lotulelei would be a good pick up.

#19 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I think that we need a Wes Welker like WR, O-line (2), S, CB, P, TE and a better coaching staff.

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I think that we need a Wes Welker like WR, O-line (2), S, CB, P, TE and a better coaching staff.

too bad hurney couldnt have drafted a first round coach, we would be golden

#21 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,699 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm putting that on J-Rich (J-Halfstep when it comes to his willingness to pay for a tried-and-true championship caliber coach).

I think that we need a Wes Welker like WR...

Smitty could probably fill that type of role for the next three to five years.

#22 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

No doubt

#23 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm putting that on J-Rich (J-Halfstep when it comes to his willingness to pay for a tried-and-true championship caliber coach).

Smitty could probably fill that type of role for the next three to five years.

Yes he can but we'd still need someone to replace him at the #1 WR spot

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Same here.

Given the family turmoil he's had and the fact that there'll likely be a lasting demand for him, I could easily see him taking a year off.

that's kind of what i'm thinking.

coaching philly for all these years and dealing with all the drama that has come with his team over the years as well as the drama that comes from that fanbase, but esp. because of the family issues i just don't see him getting back into coaching for a year.

i know that's hard for some to comprehend, but taking a year off is very likely (and probably very needed) here.

#25 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm a big fan of drafting BPA in the early rounds. If there are two players that we have ranked as equal talent and one fits a need, grab that guy. It really stings if you miss in the first 3 rounds. I think you gave to go with impact players like Kuechly. I'm convinced we will need to go after a top WR in free agency bc I don't think there is a great crop thus year and we can't wait. Smitty needs to be out in the slot.

#26 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

I didn't want any of last years DTs, but I've seen him play and he is FAR better than any of them, in fact he is in my opionion the best to come out since Suh/Mccoy.

#27 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

mccoy was nearly invisible his first two years. dt's tend to be one of the slower developing positions with pretty rare exceptions

#28 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

I actually wish we would use an ernhardt-perkins system which emphasizes creating match[up difficulties and spreading out other team's defenses with passing and play action rather than spread options gimmicks. Not the way that Davidson ran it, more like the way New England would run it if they had a running game and Brady were mobile.

It could easily be adapted to incorporate Newton's strengths.

And no, Cam is not Brady at this point, not really close.

#29 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

I know for a fact that we need a mutherficking punter.

But yeah, we need DT help, CB help, Safety help, WR help and OL help. Personally, I hope we go either Star Lotu or Luke Jock with our first pick this year, but that discussion should start about 5 games from now.

#30 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Our next GM and coach needs to make some great trades for more draft picks. Beason and Dwill are now trade bait. We need to upgrade our O-line and Dt positions. I think we keep Smitty as our slot receiver and have Lafell and Ghettis on the ends. Cut players like Clausen, Edwards, Nakamura, and a few others. Munnerlyn is in a contract year, but is a good nickel back so if the money works out keep him. Others who have a fat Hurney contract need to restructure or be traded We are still rebuilding, but making some smart moves we could be much improved next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.