Photo
- - - - -

Do we need the same positions now, as we needed then?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Our old buddy Magnus from TBR likes the West Coast. I prefer the Coryell.

But hey, anything but the read option, right?

it just needs to be simple to learn/master, fast paced, aggressive, able to capitalize on rules protecting the passing game, and spread out defenses thin.

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

it is a love hate scheme isn't it.

I've heard a few of ex- players/coaches on tv/radio say they believe it is the best system for Cam's skill set. We just need a better Oline to run it.

Myself .......I prefer the Coryell system

I kinda wonder whether people who hope we get Andy Reid have really considered how Newton's skill set would fit in a West Coast offense.

My gut feeling is that they haven't.

it just needs to be simple to learn/master, fast paced, aggressive, able to capitalize on rules protecting the passing game, and spread out defenses thin.

I fear logging on here and seeing people discussing how many years it takes to really master the WCO.

That'd be a nightmare :(

#13 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

I kinda wonder whether people who hope we get Andy Reid have really considered how Newton's skill set would fit in a West Coast offense.

I convinced most don't think at all.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

other than having no faith in him to put together a good staff, the WCO thing is the biggest deterrent. major red flag.

that said, he did have the offense switched to a much more simple spread to accomadate vick so it shows he's at least willing to change.

#15 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• LocationChina Grove, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

other than having no faith in him to put together a good staff, the WCO thing is the biggest deterrent. major red flag.

that said, he did have the offense switched to a much more simple spread to accomadate vick so it shows he's at least willing to change.

Willing to change, yeah. But he's been a WCO coach for how many years now? I really like Andy Reid - but I REALLY don't want him coaching this team.

#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Willing to change, yeah. But he's been a WCO coach for how many years now? I really like Andy Reid - but I REALLY don't want him coaching this team.

Same here.

Given the family turmoil he's had and the fact that there'll likely be a lasting demand for him, I could easily see him taking a year off.

#17 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Kinda tired of the emphasis on drafting a DT in the first. None of those guys that went in round one this year are making much impact on their respective teams and thankfully we went with who we did. I know people are high on Star, i honestly have never watched Utah play to see what he has to offer.

In regards to this thread, I agree we do need the same positions it seems but I'm starting to think O-line is becoming a major need.

#18 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Kinda tired of the emphasis on drafting a DT in the first. None of those guys that went in round one this year are making much impact on their respective teams and thankfully we went with who we did. I know people are high on Star, i honestly have never watched Utah play to see what he has to offer.

In regards to this thread, I agree we do need the same positions it seems but I'm starting to think O-line is becoming a major need.

You have a point about DT. The best thing you can do when it comes to DT, is sign one through free agency. However, I do think a guy like Lotulelei would be a good pick up.

#19 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• LocationSC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I think that we need a Wes Welker like WR, O-line (2), S, CB, P, TE and a better coaching staff.

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I think that we need a Wes Welker like WR, O-line (2), S, CB, P, TE and a better coaching staff.

too bad hurney couldnt have drafted a first round coach, we would be golden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users