Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan Officially Interested In Changing Name to Hornets

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea - I wasn't saying anyone specifically - I just talk to a lot of people that are for a re-brand that just want it for the name change and really don't have much vested in the team (not on this board - just in general). I spoke to a friend a few weeks ago that wants the Hornets name back and could only name Kemba as a player on the roster.

I'm focused on the product and am infinitely happier with what is on the floor compared to last year.

This is very true. Unfortunately, these fans make up a large portion of fans in general. The fans mean a lot in terms of ticket sales, merchandise sales, and the overall support and financial health of an NBA team. Teams have low attendance during lean times because the band wagon fans stay home and the only fans in the building are high identification fans.

I am all for the viability and health of Charlotte/Carolina's sports..the high identification fans don't care about a rebrand. It appears that in order to move fans from low iD (those in favor of a rebrand and can't name but only a few people on the team) to high iD (those who are hardcore basketball fans and into the success of the team on the court)..a rebrand to a proven logo/name might be too good of an opportunity to pass up.

As a high iD fan...I am in favor of the rebrand because it will increase the chance of creating more high ID fans, by drawing in the lower ID fans based off the name. The chance for increased merchandise sales is high and hopefully a boost in ticket sales and revenue for the Charlotte franchise.

IMO.

Posted

Is kt on vacation? Or does he know that there is no point in arguing anymore?

Posted

I havent seen him around in a while, but if yall keep fishing for it I'm sure he will bite eventually and get some retarded arguments going

Posted

Doesn't really matter what the hornets in NO want or what fans in charlotte want. The league has final say and they acknowleged the hornets intentions but they held the power to make that happen. I don't really care myself, just want a winning product on the floor.

Posted

More obviously, the team mascot "Hugo" was named after the massive hurricane that hit the Carolina's in the late 80's.

Actually, it wasn't. From Wikipedia: "Designed by Cheryl Henson, daughter of Jim Henson, Hugo the Hornet was created in 1988, one year before Hurricane Hugo hit the Carolinas."

Posted

I thought KT earned a vacation...

...hopefully it's permanent.

Posted

When did this happen? What for?

Posted

Looks like NOLA is changing the name to Pelicans and changing the colors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--nola-hornets-to-change-nickname-to-pelicans-231227843.html

Posted

So, I guess we're gonna get the Hornets name back. It doesn't matter to me, I just hope those who were persistent in us getting the name back actually support the team through the good and bad

Posted

Yeah I'd be interested to hear about this as well!

I always thought KT was one of the untouchables on here.

Grits is gone permanently, now KT? glad to see the Huddle is not bullshitting this time about cleaning up the board.

What sucks though is KT could actually be a pretty insightful poster but deep down he couldn't suppress his troll tendencies.

Posted

The Hornets name is important to people who are from the area and city.

If you aren't from Charlotte (Please note: Statesville/Greensboro/Rock Hill is not part of Charlotte) I don't expect you to understand or relate to the rebrand. Frankly, I don't care if you like it or not. This goes for the kids on here as well. You youngsters don't know anything about the Hornets and most of you just want NBA basketball. You're about to be amazed to see what the city of Charlotte can do with a pro basketball team they actually support now.

When this happens - John and the people who signed the petition and the people who poured their hearts and soul into this deserve a fuging statue outside of TWC arena.

I think a great statue would be a picture of Hugo wiping his arse with a picture of Bob Johnson.

Posted

The Hornets name is important to people who are from the area and city.

If you aren't from Charlotte (Please note: Statesville/Greensboro/Rock Hill is not part of Charlotte) I don't expect you to understand or relate to the rebrand. Frankly, I don't care if you like it or not. This goes for the kids on here as well. You youngsters don't know anything about the Hornets and most of you just want NBA basketball. You're about to be amazed to see what the city of Charlotte can do with a pro basketball team they actually support now.

When this happens - John and the people who signed the petition and the people who poured their hearts and soul into this deserve a fuging statue outside of The Hive.

I think a great statue would be a picture of Hugo wiping his arse with a picture of Bob Johnson.

Fixed

6 people like this