charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

after reading that i'm going to go ahead and diagnose you with a concussion

And back problems? 100% sure you are suffering from whiplash too!

Might have a cracked vertabre!

Never refuse a ride in an ambulance!

NEVER admit to taking ANY drugs, not even cold medicine, Red Bull, etc. before hand! Or Say, I'm fine"! Her Inurance company will use that against you. In fact, they will try and use your drug history against you!

Like the others said. DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!

#17 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I called my attorney that's represented me on all my matters in this area. He's already making sure that everything is on the up and up.

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,323 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yeah. I'm in the emergency waiting room at the moment

When they take you back to be checked out tomorrow, let us know what the doc says

#19 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

yea and how many oxycondones you have

#20 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Got 40 vicodin 5's, 65 flexerel, and 40 800mg ibuprophen.

#21 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

They didn't want to do xrays because they felt like it was only tissue damage. But I'm probably going to go back after two days and make them do xrays.

#22 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I am glad to hear you are ok, like everyone else said, don't sign anything

#23 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,323 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Got 40 vicodin 5's, 65 flexerel, and 40 800mg ibuprophen.

The street value alone might get you that new car

#24 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Tough luck on that, same kind of accident happened to me ~ 2 years ago, my wife was hurt and has had to have multiple surgeries.

You need to be careful with the insurance companies as they will want to minimize their payouts. Our accident wasn't in NC so i can't say how local laws apply to you, but some lessons learned we had were:

If you have medical insurance, make sure you use that for all of your treatments. The network discounts alone make it worth your time, else you can end up paying any settlement money back to the doctors. Heck we had one bill alone dicount was over 40G. If i hadn't billed that through my insurance I'd owe that hospital the 40G+ rather than the fraction of that I was charged after discounts. Also depending on NC and your medical insurance type, you may not have to pay the insurance company back with any settlement.

Don't discuss ANYTHING with her insurance company until you are ready to settle. They can and will use any statements you make against you.

Don't talk settlements until you are fully healed, have completed any and all treatments, physical therapy etc...

See if NC has a law similar to GA where her insurance company is required to provide you with her insurance coverage amounts.

At the end of the day, whatever she is covered for is all you will be able to get unless you want to sue her personally.

Check your auto insurance for uninsured/under insured coverage, if your medical bills exceed the other woman's coverage you might be abe to file a claim on your insurance for any balances.

Once you get to the point of settling, pain and suffering is generally 2-3 times your damages. Good rule of thumb to use if you think they are lowballing you on the offer.

We went with a lawyer upfront, and they will typically want between 30-40% of any settlement. With what i know now, i probably wouldn't have used one, but he pointed out a lot of the items we learned along the way so in our case we will likely come out ahead by using one.

#25 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,982 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Do not sign ANYTHING until you have all of the money from her Ins Co.

Dont cash any check the give you until you have it all. I had an adjuster give me a check "for my car" one time only for the Ins Co to claim that it was the total settlement and since I cashed it that was deemed as me accepting their final settlement.

Well....

His property damage

And

Bodily injury claim are seperate claims.

You can get treatments for months and months for injury. You still can resolve your property damage before settling the injury portion. Just have to be careful you don't sign anything releasing them of ALL damages.

#26 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,603 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Also totaled a car recently....glad to hear your okay....that's the most important thing

poo sucks

#27 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,967 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Continue to see a regular doctor.
Not a chiripoffpracticer if you want a good case.

#28 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Glad you're ok. They should set you up with a rental ASAP. Force them to pay for something comparable. Many insurance companies don't do that for rentals (I've seen it first hand. People pissed off because the company approved a Chevy Aveo when the customer had something the size of a Tahoe).

#29 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,712 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Well, as it turns out that stupid woman's insurance policy had canceled on November 15th. So I have to file it all through my own policy under my "uninsured motorist" coverage.

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,725 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Not that you will or won't but can you sue her because of that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com