Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arc's Offseason I

19 posts in this topic

Posted

GM Marc Ross

20120118-ross-marc.jpg

HC Rick Dennison

110107_dennison.jpg

Here we get Marc Ross in at GM which looks like a definite possibility and a guy that has considerable HC abilities bred from the 90s Broncos, has been a huge part in getting great RB play from all types of guys since 95' and now helping run a dynamic offense with Kubiak. From what I've read and seen about him, he wants to be a head coach and this league and is a clear possibility for us.

Free Agent Signings (not flashy, but we need to be smart about our FA picks $ and ability wise):

Andre Smith - OT (current team: Cincinnati Bengals) For depth/patch starter

Derek Cox - CB (current team: Jaguars) *A solid player who is still only 26 and bounced back nice this year.

Domenik Hixon - WR (current team: Giants)

DRAFT (Pick 7/8)

Round 1 Keenan Allen (WR Cal Bears)

Keenan+Allen+Southern+Utah+v+California+G4vbh9maN-0l.jpg

My goal is to make a powerful offense and shore up the defensive line. I think Star and Hankins will be gone and we'll now pick around 7 or 8. Let's just take the best WR in the draft. We've never had this opportunity and if the top two DTs are gone, why not?

Round 2 Sharrif Floyd (DT Florida)

hi-res-6760404_display_image.jpg?1354061217

I think he could be there for us if we don't gor DT with our first pick. He's played very well and it sounds like he'll be declaring for the draft as a junior. I think he would be a strong fit. He's helped Florida close games this year on their defensive end.

Round 4 Joseph Fauria (TE UCLA)

com_121117_ncf_Vblog_gemmell_Fauria_121117.jpg

6'7 athletic pass catching TE with blocking abilities already in place. Perfect red zone target prospect. Grab em'

Round 5 Travis Bond (OG UNC)

919451.jpg

Comp 5 Zeke Motta (FS Notre Dame)

zeke-motta-top25.jpg

Round 6 Christine Michael (RB Texas A&M)

5f13afa95ac858fa3b3cde0f937589d9.jpg

Posted

I'd love it

Posted

Pretty good draft overall. Marc Ross got a little "babyface" thing going. :lol: I do I think Justin Hunter out of Tennessee has a little more upside than Allen.

Posted

Kennan Allen is a running back?

Posted

Great Offseason. Btw how do you get the pics on there? I can never get it to work for some reason?

Posted

Good draft overall. My only real complaint is I'd rather have Louis Nix in the 2nd (or some other big NT type) than Floyd because we've got UT covered for a couple more years hopefully with D. Edwards. We need a R. Edwards replacement.

I'd be happy with that draft!

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love if we took a WR with our first. I will be very disappointed if we do not take a WR with one of our first two picks.

Posted

Good draft overall. My only real complaint is I'd rather have Louis Nix in the 2nd (or some other big NT type) than Floyd because we've got UT covered for a couple more years hopefully with D. Edwards. We need a R. Edwards replacement.

I'd be happy with that draft!

How do we specify between a NT and a UT. For some reason I can't tell the difference.

Posted

How do we specify between a NT and a UT. For some reason I can't tell the difference.

Usually the nt will be bigger around 320ish

Posted

Usually the nt will be bigger around 320ish

Oh okay. Thanks for that.

Posted

Great draft!!!!!!

I just Dno who the HC is.

Posted

Why take Allen in the top 10? Is he better than Hunter, Woods and Patterson? WR is a position of need, but this class is not particularly strong.