Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Ages for UNC BB

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Umm its a topic about the heels being bad. One reason you think they're bad is the loss of Stillman fugin White. Im not trolling, just commenting on how insanely stupid that statement is that came out of your head.

Posted

Carolina's top four players were just drafted in the 1st round of the NBA Draft. They have a NCAA POY Candidate in James Michael McAdoo. Roy Williams is still the best recruiter in the business. He didn't for-see Marshall departing after 2 seasons nor Cody Zeller spurning him for IU. His recruiting had this team set up for Marshall/Hairston/Bullock/McAdoo/Zeller with McDonald/Paige/Tokoto/Johnson off the bench. That team would've dominated this season & been the NCAA favorites. If Marshall doesn't break his wrist in the tournament and/or Cody Zeller comes to UNC odds are Roy has 3 NCAA titles in 10 seasons. He has UNC as a frontrunner for Wiggins, the top prep player since LeBron in '03. That would be the #1 recruit twice in a 4 year span. Even this year, a down year by Roy's standards, UNC will compete for the ACC crown & a Final Four.

UNC has been the best program in the entire country since he returned home in '04. This program was in shambles when he returned & at an all-time low. Coach K was dominating UNC. 6 years later he had 2 NCAA Championships & Duke fans were giving up on coach K & Duke. Roy came in & absolutely took over. This has been the best 9 year span in UNC history.

2x NCAA Champion

3x Final Four

6x Elite 8

2x ACC Tournament Champion

6x ACC Champion

I swear, UNC fans have no sense of reality. Roy Williams is not appreciated nearly enough by this fanbase. Trust in Roy & stop worrying, he knows what he's doing.

Posted

Where do you get your info, because i cant find any info which way wiggins is leaning. I just know wiggins and parker would be HUGE for Duke. Not saying youre wrong just asking where that info came from.

Posted

Umm its a topic about the heels being bad. One reason you think they're bad is the loss of Stillman fugin White. Im not trolling, just commenting on how insanely stupid that statement is that came out of your head.

Paige is certainly a better athlete than White. I'm not debating that at all.

However, White played turnover free basketball when it counted last year and do u agree one thing UNC needs now is leadership? White would provide that.

I don't get the White hate from u, either. They don't just "hand out" scholarships to play basketball at Carolina. Especially to a point guard.

Posted

I dont hate white. I just find it amusing that he was on your list with marshall, barnes, henson, zeller. He would not have made one single bit of difference thats all im saying.

Posted

White wouldn't have started anyway. As for UNC being bad this year, they aren't bad. Just not as good as they have been. I think most level headed UNC fans knew what this year would be. I'll be extremely happy if we make the tourney, and finish in the top 3 in the ACC. Which is where I see the ceiling this year.

1 person likes this

Posted

Where do you get your info, because i cant find any info which way wiggins is leaning. I just know wiggins and parker would be HUGE for Duke. Not saying youre wrong just asking where that info came from.

It's pretty common knowledge that UNC & Duke are among the favorites for Wiggins & Parker.

Posted

Yet he said FRONTRUNNER thats a huge difference. I dont think unc is in the running for parker at all though. Duke, MSU and BYU.

Posted

It surprises me Duke is a finalist for parker since K cusses like a whole boat full of sailors

Posted

It surprises me Duke is a finalist for parker since K cusses like a whole boat full of sailors

UNC is in a very strong spot for Wiggings though.

Posted

Has Wiggins visited Duke yet? Just read an article about him on zagsblog and Duke isn't mentioned anywhere in the article.

"The No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2013, Wiggins is considering Kentucky, Florida State, North Carolina, Kansas and Ohio State, and will sign in the spring."

Posted

it's gonna be rough sure but it's nowhere as bad as 8-20 is gonna be.