Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Ages for UNC BB

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Duke/Statefags - Oh man! Carolina didn't win by 50 points! they suck!!!

HOW SWEET IT IS

Posted

Duke/Statefags - Oh man! Carolina didn't win by 50 points! they suck!!!

HOW SWEET IT IS

another insightful post by MrTD. He surpassed KT as far as idiotic trolling goes.

Posted

another insightful post by MrTD. He surpassed KT as far as idiotic trolling goes.

Please stay on topic. If you're looking to ramble aimlessly, try the lounge.

We're talking hoops here, son. I don't know what an App State fan is even doing in a college basketball forum.

Posted

Please stay on topic. If you're looking to ramble aimlessly, try the lounge.

We're talking hoops here, son. I don't know what an App State fan is even doing in a college basketball forum.

Said the ECU fan

Posted

Said the ECU fan

ECU is off to one of the best starts in school history basketball wise. I'm not predicting a tournament cinderella season or anything but it would be good to see them do something.

Most people who didn't go to ECU don't even realize it has a basketball program. It's one of the worst BB programs in the country.

But like I've said I am a Carolina fan first and foremost.

Posted

But like I've said I am a Carolina fan first and foremost.

Like I've said, I am a State fan first and foremost.

Posted

awesome!

Posted

Purvis was coming to Duke until they stopped recruiting him and he wanted to stay close to home so State made sense. I think Randle goes to Florida or Kansas, just my opinion. You can't put too much stock into "friendships" and recruiting, hell Shabazz and Alex Murphy are best friends and you see how much that mattered in the end.

PLEASE keep telling yourself that. "The only reason NC State gets elite recruits is because Duke and UNC don't want them." UNC is probably wishing they didn't "stop recruiting" TJ Warren right now. Give me a freaking break it gets so old hearing that garbage. I'm guessing that Cat Barber is going to NC State because nobody else wanted him too, right? What about BeeJay Anya...it's because IU and Maryland didn't want him? If that's the cause I really hope that these coaches keep passing on these extremely talented kids because Mark Gottfried's luck on the recruiting trail has been excellent.

Posted

PLEASE keep telling yourself that. "The only reason NC State gets elite recruits is because Duke and UNC don't want them." UNC is probably wishing they didn't "stop recruiting" TJ Warren right now. Give me a freaking break it gets so old hearing that garbage. I'm guessing that Cat Barber is going to NC State because nobody else wanted him too, right? What about BeeJay Anya...it's because IU and Maryland didn't want him? If that's the cause I really hope that these coaches keep passing on these extremely talented kids because Mark Gottfried's luck on the recruiting trail has been excellent.

That is not what I am saying, when Duke offered Rodney he was class of 2013 then reclassified to 2012 and Duke had no room for him(Rivers, Curry, Suliamon, Cook, Thornton, Dawkins). I realize Rivers left and Dawkins redshirted this year but you can't predict that. Duke turned their focus on wings and bigs (Shabazz, McGary, Parker, and Ellis). It was best for both sides to cut ties. For the record Duke didn't recruit Barber or Anya. Anya actually went to the same high school as Quinn Cook and coach K has a pipeline running from DMV (Smith, Cook, Thornton, Hairston).

Posted

Rodney Purvis reclassified in like August of 2010...How many commits did Duke have at that point because from what I see Suliamon committed 6 months after that. Bottom line is he wears red/white and the final teams he was deciding between were Duke, UCONN, and State. This is with Duke's future at the guard position obviously lacking Austin Rivers..which I'm sure was K's selling point for Purvis. Not to mention Purvis is better than Thornton, Dawkins, Cook and was thought of as a better player than Suliamon as well. If he wanted to go to Duke, K would have made room.

Posted

teams stopped recruiting barber after he stole something from one of the players on a visit to Louisville. Word spread and Ville/Kansas stopped recruiting him so yeah NC State pretty much got him by default.

Posted

Rodney Purvis reclassified in like August of 2010...How many commits did Duke have at that point because from what I see Suliamon committed 6 months after that. Bottom line is he wears red/white and the final teams he was deciding between were Duke, UCONN, and State. This is with Duke's future at the guard position obviously lacking Austin Rivers..which I'm sure was K's selling point for Purvis. Not to mention Purvis is better than Thornton, Dawkins, Cook and was thought of as a better player than Suliamon as well. If he wanted to go to Duke, K would have made room.

Suliamon committed on February 9th 2011 after the Duke vs. unc game. Purvis didn't decommit from Louisville until May 1st 2011 so Duke already had Suliamon, Rivers, Cook, Thornton, Curry, and Dawkins. Like I said Duke had to focus on front court players, since they were loaded at the guard spot.

Purvis is better then Thornton, who knows about Dawkins but these guys already had scholarships and coach K is not going to take scholarships away from guys like Calipari did. I will disagree that Purvis is better then Cook though. Cook 11ppg, 3.4rpg, 6apg, and 48% from 3, compare that to Purvis 10ppg, 2.8rpg, 2apg, and 43% from 3. Also Suliamon was ranked higher by most if not all recruiting sources like Scout and ESPN not to mention Suliamon has played better and has better stats so far this year.