96 replies to this topic

#46 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Goodness...If I hit this one then I should just quit school and work in sports journalism/recruiting. Michigan State over Duke.

Wiggins to UK

Randle to NC State

You could be dead on about the first 2 but Randle to NC State isn't going to happen.

#47 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

You could be dead on about the first 2 but Randle to NC State isn't going to happen.

I love it how we have been in his top 4 all along and now it's Florida, Kansas, NC State, and Texas likely as the 4 contenders but you think there is no shot he comes here. The same was also said for CJ Leslie, Rodney Purvis, and TJ Warren. There was no way Leslie would go anywhere other than UK. Rodney was going to Duke or UCONN. TJ Warren was going to replace Harrison Barnes at UNC.

IMO it's going to be Kansas or NC State for Randle. Kansas would be hard to pass up as a kid from Texas but UT is a disaster right now and Barnes couldn't win a title with Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin. I just don't see Randle going there to play in a blah basketball conference when he can come to NC State, play on a really good team, and play against Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland and the rest.

We have a much better shot than you think...Not to mention one of the lead guards for our team, Purvis, is one of the guy's best friends. A good enough friend that when Sidney Lowe was here he started recruiting Randle to NC State and one of the reasons Randle was intrigued with NCSU at that point was because he knew Rodney was from Raleigh and would likely also be recruited to go here. If LOWE can spark interest...I believe Gott can seal the deal.

#48 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

I love it how we have been in his top 4 all along and now it's Florida, Kansas, NC State, and Texas likely as the 4 contenders but you think there is no shot he comes here. The same was also said for CJ Leslie, Rodney Purvis, and TJ Warren. There was no way Leslie would go anywhere other than UK. Rodney was going to Duke or UCONN. TJ Warren was going to replace Harrison Barnes at UNC.

IMO it's going to be Kansas or NC State for Randle. Kansas would be hard to pass up as a kid from Texas but UT is a disaster right now and Barnes couldn't win a title with Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin. I just don't see Randle going there to play in a blah basketball conference when he can come to NC State, play on a really good team, and play against Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland and the rest.

We have a much better shot than you think...Not to mention one of the lead guards for our team, Purvis, is one of the guy's best friends. A good enough friend that when Sidney Lowe was here he started recruiting Randle to NC State and one of the reasons Randle was intrigued with NCSU at that point was because he knew Rodney was from Raleigh and would likely also be recruited to go here. If LOWE can spark interest...I believe Gott can seal the deal.

Purvis was coming to Duke until they stopped recruiting him and he wanted to stay close to home so State made sense. I think Randle goes to Florida or Kansas, just my opinion. You can't put too much stock into "friendships" and recruiting, hell Shabazz and Alex Murphy are best friends and you see how much that mattered in the end.

#49 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Duke/Statefags - Oh man! Carolina didn't win by 50 points! they suck!!!

HOW SWEET IT IS

#50 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Duke/Statefags - Oh man! Carolina didn't win by 50 points! they suck!!!

HOW SWEET IT IS

another insightful post by MrTD. He surpassed KT as far as idiotic trolling goes.

#51 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

another insightful post by MrTD. He surpassed KT as far as idiotic trolling goes.

Please stay on topic. If you're looking to ramble aimlessly, try the lounge.

We're talking hoops here, son. I don't know what an App State fan is even doing in a college basketball forum.

#52 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,364 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Please stay on topic. If you're looking to ramble aimlessly, try the lounge.

We're talking hoops here, son. I don't know what an App State fan is even doing in a college basketball forum.

Said the ECU fan

#53 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Said the ECU fan

ECU is off to one of the best starts in school history basketball wise. I'm not predicting a tournament cinderella season or anything but it would be good to see them do something.

Most people who didn't go to ECU don't even realize it has a basketball program. It's one of the worst BB programs in the country.

But like I've said I am a Carolina fan first and foremost.

#54 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

But like I've said I am a Carolina fan first and foremost.

Like I've said, I am a State fan first and foremost.

#55 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

awesome!

#56 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Purvis was coming to Duke until they stopped recruiting him and he wanted to stay close to home so State made sense. I think Randle goes to Florida or Kansas, just my opinion. You can't put too much stock into "friendships" and recruiting, hell Shabazz and Alex Murphy are best friends and you see how much that mattered in the end.

PLEASE keep telling yourself that. "The only reason NC State gets elite recruits is because Duke and UNC don't want them." UNC is probably wishing they didn't "stop recruiting" TJ Warren right now. Give me a freaking break it gets so old hearing that garbage. I'm guessing that Cat Barber is going to NC State because nobody else wanted him too, right? What about BeeJay Anya...it's because IU and Maryland didn't want him? If that's the cause I really hope that these coaches keep passing on these extremely talented kids because Mark Gottfried's luck on the recruiting trail has been excellent.

#57 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

PLEASE keep telling yourself that. "The only reason NC State gets elite recruits is because Duke and UNC don't want them." UNC is probably wishing they didn't "stop recruiting" TJ Warren right now. Give me a freaking break it gets so old hearing that garbage. I'm guessing that Cat Barber is going to NC State because nobody else wanted him too, right? What about BeeJay Anya...it's because IU and Maryland didn't want him? If that's the cause I really hope that these coaches keep passing on these extremely talented kids because Mark Gottfried's luck on the recruiting trail has been excellent.

That is not what I am saying, when Duke offered Rodney he was class of 2013 then reclassified to 2012 and Duke had no room for him(Rivers, Curry, Suliamon, Cook, Thornton, Dawkins). I realize Rivers left and Dawkins redshirted this year but you can't predict that. Duke turned their focus on wings and bigs (Shabazz, McGary, Parker, and Ellis). It was best for both sides to cut ties. For the record Duke didn't recruit Barber or Anya. Anya actually went to the same high school as Quinn Cook and coach K has a pipeline running from DMV (Smith, Cook, Thornton, Hairston).

#58 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Rodney Purvis reclassified in like August of 2010...How many commits did Duke have at that point because from what I see Suliamon committed 6 months after that. Bottom line is he wears red/white and the final teams he was deciding between were Duke, UCONN, and State. This is with Duke's future at the guard position obviously lacking Austin Rivers..which I'm sure was K's selling point for Purvis. Not to mention Purvis is better than Thornton, Dawkins, Cook and was thought of as a better player than Suliamon as well. If he wanted to go to Duke, K would have made room.

#59 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

teams stopped recruiting barber after he stole something from one of the players on a visit to Louisville. Word spread and Ville/Kansas stopped recruiting him so yeah NC State pretty much got him by default.

#60 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Rodney Purvis reclassified in like August of 2010...How many commits did Duke have at that point because from what I see Suliamon committed 6 months after that. Bottom line is he wears red/white and the final teams he was deciding between were Duke, UCONN, and State. This is with Duke's future at the guard position obviously lacking Austin Rivers..which I'm sure was K's selling point for Purvis. Not to mention Purvis is better than Thornton, Dawkins, Cook and was thought of as a better player than Suliamon as well. If he wanted to go to Duke, K would have made room.

Suliamon committed on February 9th 2011 after the Duke vs. unc game. Purvis didn't decommit from Louisville until May 1st 2011 so Duke already had Suliamon, Rivers, Cook, Thornton, Curry, and Dawkins. Like I said Duke had to focus on front court players, since they were loaded at the guard spot.

Purvis is better then Thornton, who knows about Dawkins but these guys already had scholarships and coach K is not going to take scholarships away from guys like Calipari did. I will disagree that Purvis is better then Cook though. Cook 11ppg, 3.4rpg, 6apg, and 48% from 3, compare that to Purvis 10ppg, 2.8rpg, 2apg, and 43% from 3. Also Suliamon was ranked higher by most if not all recruiting sources like Scout and ESPN not to mention Suliamon has played better and has better stats so far this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com