• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

I am not trying to bash NC State, and nobody but Randle and his family know where he is going but all signs point away from NC State. When is the last time State had a top 5 player commit? Have they ever? Florida, Kansas, and Texas have all had top 5 recruits in the past 5 years plus have put kids in the NBA. Florida and Kansas have both won titles in the past 6 years and all three of those schools are closer then State. All that being said could he choose State? Of course I just think State has too much working against them.

#62 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

This is quite a change with getting off topic on a unc thread talking about NC State. :thumbsu:

#63 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

teams stopped recruiting barber after he stole something from one of the players on a visit to Louisville. Word spread and Ville/Kansas stopped recruiting him so yeah NC State pretty much got him by default.

Because Rick Pitino has a monopoly on moral authority...You people freakin crack me up. If no player was ever given a second chance in sports you realize how many talents would never lace up a pair of basketball shoe/football cleats? Was stealing the iPhone stupid? Very. But players have done worse things than take an iPhone from a player who probably got it by violating NCAA rules anyways...I'll take him and it's one player out of 6-7 great recruits NCSU has landed in the last 3 years.

#64 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

I am not trying to bash NC State, and nobody but Randle and his family know where he is going but all signs point away from NC State. When is the last time State had a top 5 player commit? Have they ever? Florida, Kansas, and Texas have all had top 5 recruits in the past 5 years plus have put kids in the NBA. Florida and Kansas have both won titles in the past 6 years and all three of those schools are closer then State. All that being said could he choose State? Of course I just think State has too much working against them.

You honestly think that Texas is closer to winning an NCAA championship than NC State? What the hell are you smoking? We also played Kansas last year within about 5 points in the Sweet 16 and returned the bulk of our lineup. I could honestly pick out 20 teams this year who have what it takes to go the distance in the NCAA tournament...Texas is not one of them.

#65 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

You honestly think that Texas is closer to winning an NCAA championship than NC State? What the hell are you smoking? We also played Kansas last year within about 5 points in the Sweet 16 and returned the bulk of our lineup. I could honestly pick out 20 teams this year who have what it takes to go the distance in the NCAA tournament...Texas is not one of them.

Sorry you misunderstood, I meant closer in proximity to where Randle's family is not closer to winning a title.

#66 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Sorry you misunderstood, I meant closer in proximity to where Randle's family is not closer to winning a title.

Ok that makes more sense. Yeah proximity could be a factor in his recruitment...it basically is in every recruitment. But I just think that this team we have now is going to peak at the right time, we're going to be good at the end of the season and it's really going to help locking up some big prospects.

#67 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Ok that makes more sense. Yeah proximity could be a factor in his recruitment...it basically is in every recruitment. But I just think that this team we have now is going to peak at the right time, we're going to be good at the end of the season and it's really going to help locking up some big prospects.

Hey man like I said I wasn't trying to bash State, I actually pull for them and hope they win as long as it's not against Duke. I just think recruiting against the likes of KU, Texas, and Florida is tough.

#68 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

You two need to get a room

#69 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hey man like I said I wasn't trying to bash State, I actually pull for them and hope they win as long as it's not against Duke. I just think recruiting against the likes of KU, Texas, and Florida is tough.

We've been doing it for the past 2-3 years though and we're winning some of those battles. Agree to disagree on Randle but latest update is that this staff is putting in WORK on his recruitment. Early was down at another one of his games tonight...and the kid isn't even playing.

We'll see though. Looking forward to getting a crack at the Devils on January 12th. Hopefully both teams will go unbeaten between now and then.

#70 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well, being at Texas, we will either blow them out or get blown out. I don't think it'll be a close game.

#71 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,754 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image

#72 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Texas just came off getting crushed in the Jimmy V classic....yeesh

#73 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

There goes the ooc schedule down the pooper

#74 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Stanford is better than any team they've beaten lol

#75 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Haha mr td was right. Their OOC schedule is tough.......

For them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.