Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Rivera dealt with Jeff Otah...

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Was thinking about this a few days ago.

We were all quick to judge Otah for being lazy and not pulling his weight, using injurys as an a excuse. We cheered Rivera on as he called him out in interviews during training camp. Then ultimately shipped him out for peanuts. And when Otah failed his physical- he was sent back and we ended up cutting him. At the time, no one questioned Rivera/Hurney.

Now, in hindsight, did Rivera botch the Otah situation. He was essentially a Probowl RT [b]when healthy [/b]but now is only a wasted 1st round pick.

Posted · Report post

Not sure. What would you have done with Otah?

Nobody else wants to touch him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bLACKpANTHER' timestamp='1354372723' post='2024800']
Was thinking about this a few days ago.

We were all quick to judge Otah for being lazy and not pulling his weight, using injurys as an a excuse. We cheered Rivera on as he called him out in interviews during training camp. Then ultimately shipped him out for peanuts. And when Otah failed his physical- he was sent back and we ended up cutting him. At the time, no one questioned Rivera/Hurney.

Now, in hindsight, did Rivera botch the Otah situation. He was essentially a Probowl RT [b]when healthy [/b]but now is only a wasted 1st round pick.
[/quote]

If he "botched" it he would be signed and balling for a team right now. Guess what? He isn't. It's over with and the line would've blowed ass with or without him.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

hes better than than byers soft ice cream

Posted · Report post

I have a black authentic Otah jersey I'm willing to sell for cheap.

Posted · Report post

Otah wanted to collect checks "rehabbing"...

Instead of actually working

Posted · Report post

If he was playing for another team now I'd be more skeptical, but dude couldn't even pass a physical.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not everything Rivera does is wrong. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Otah is not even in the NFL right now

Posted · Report post

You know it's bad when fans don't even give you credick for doing the right thing.

haters gonna hate.

Posted · Report post

He failed the Jet's team physical. I think that's enough in saying what shape he was in.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NOCO Panther' timestamp='1354379233' post='2024927']
He failed the Jet's team physical. I think that's enough in saying what shape he was in.
[/quote]

He would have absorbed sanchez, not allowing him to fumble thus improving the jets slightly.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I want Rivera gone but this was the right, obvious choice.

Otah is not metally strong enough for the NFL. Luckily we got him for cheap through Jerry Hurney magic.