Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

369 posts in this topic

Posted

last i read she is in critical condition.. or is it confirmed she died?

Posted

It's not about him. It's about his family. His friends. His team. Her family. Her friends.

believe me no one knows this more than i do, i lost a brother to suicide last year. and honestly A LOT of times it ISN'T a cry for attention it is an escape from mental illness or other terrible circumstances that person may be facing

Posted

From the just posted NYTimes story. Perhaps a poor choice of phrase?

=-=-=-

But they’re just 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak that has been marked by devastating injuries and fan upheaval, with constant calls the past few weeks for general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel to be fired. Kansas City is scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

The Chiefs have been ravaged by injuries, led the league in turnovers, can’t settle on a quarterback and are dealing with a full-fledged fan rebellion. The Twitter account for a fan group known as “Save Our Chiefs” recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game. Things have been so bad this season that Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator.

Posted

believe me no one knows this more than i do, i lost a brother to suicide last year. and honestly A LOT of times it ISN'T a cry for attention it is an escape from mental illness or other terrible circumstances that person may be facing

and as I was saying initially its all conjecture at this point which is why it's important to get the facts sorted out.

Posted

What a POS coward. He shoots is girlfriend multiple times, then kills himself. Now people will talk about how she really hurt him or, he had some mental problems. Or they'll do tributes to him because he is dead. Completely blocking out the fact he shot his girlfriend multiple times, not once, and killed her. There is a big difference between one shot and being able to take multiple shots. Glad we have one less POS in the world.

Posted

looks like chiefs also expect to play tomorrow

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Chiefs trying to organize meetings, prepare for game, and deal with this horrific turn of events.

Posted

If this game happens I wouldn't say they're now easy W. they might rally and win one for their teammate except he is a murderer

There are a lot bigger things to think about in this situation than who wins the game tomorrow.

3 people like this

Posted

There are a lot bigger things to think about in this situation than who wins the game tomorrow.

I feel bad for his teammates, the victim's family, etc.

But I'm not going to make this a "Javon Belcher tribute weekend". I hope we play tomorrow and I hope we win. C'mon now, not the time to get holier than thou. If the game goes on tomorrow its okay to speculate what effect this event will have on the game. That's all I'm doing.

Most people would say "the odds swing heavily in favor of the panthers'. I think the opposite. If the game is played I think the Chiefs will play hard for Crennel, etc.

Posted

can someone ban this loathsome human being

Agreed. That was quite possibly the stupidest post ever made on this board.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think both teams are going to be numb and shell-shocked from this.

Posted

i think the cheifs slowly circle the toilet bowl after this. coaches are going to be frazzeled, guys aren't really going to be as focused as they might if this was just a sudden death of a teammate ala sean taylor or chris henry. they're going to be constantly assaulted from the backs of their minds (as anyone in the situation would be) by the fact that the guy who they emotionally feel pulled to rally around actually murdered the mother of a baby and a toddler in front of her mother.

i don't think that's something you just tune out.