Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

369 posts in this topic

Posted

Police finally officially confirming that it was Jovan Belcher.

Posted

LMAO @ any idiot who says Sean Taylor's death was worse than this. Why? Because the athlete was the victim? He was shot by punks during a robbery. Tragic? Yes, extremely.

Was it worse than a guy shooting his gf multiple times, killing her, in front of her mother & child, then commiting suicide in front of his co-workers & friends? Here's a hint; No.

Posted

The Sean Taylor murder didn't rally the troops emotionally, it left them devastated.

they were devastated but used it as emotional fuel.

my point is this: this guy's murder/suicide cannot be compared to prior cases of NFL player deaths because of the complexities attached to it that'll cause conflict in the minds of players who'd otherwise be using a simple tragic death of a teammate as fuel.

you're trying to extrapolate something i never said.

Posted

No different from when the NFL does Flex Scheduling and cherry-picks the game of the week from the normal 1p or 4p timeslot into primetime (or a 1p game into 4p for a more national audience, beginning in 2014). Moving gametimes is nothing new, and totally inconveniences anybody's flight/hotel plans.

This would be no different.

If they just flex it to 4:15 thats finem but frankly I think postponing or cancelling is a bit of a overreaction. Is this a weather or terrorist threat that can harm the fans or players on the field? No. Its a isolated incident and the game should go on

1 person likes this

Posted

Game needs moved to later start time I would even suggest 7:00. That would be a good idea for everyone involved.

Posted

You guys are reading into what the one guy said. He just said the rumor is it wasn't his kid. He wasn't saying that justifies what he did. Just defining what happened, as opposed to "he just lost his mind and decided to kill himself and his girlfriend for no reason".

Posted

Who gives half a crap if it was his kid or not. Does that justify murder? NO

3 people like this

Posted

Pretty much.

Take the mature approach and kick her out of the house. Don't kill her and yourself.

Reportedly shot her in front of her mother, even. And then killed himself in front of his head coach, GM and others.

This story is all kinds of horrible.

Posted

Game needs moved to later start time I would even suggest 7:00. That would be a good idea for everyone involved.

why?

Posted

I thought about that, believe me. At the same time, I'm not a pro athlete, making millions of dollars. I'm just not. The fruits of my rewards being a loan officer just aren't at that level. We don't live the life these guys live. So it's not exactly apples to apples. I might get a day or two off in the same situation but what would that really help? Only long-term counseling would really ever help. And these guys will be given the best that money can offer in the way of that.

I don't get why you think a football game is some big important deal that can't be suspended. I could see struggling through at and working the next day if you work at a hosptial or a homeless shelter or police officer or something that is truly necessary. Its just a football game.

To be frank I'm not sure why you're so excited. I couldn't think of a bigger lose-lose situation than the Panthers coming up to play KC tomorrow. And its not like the game is going to be enjoyable to watch. What...are you going to celebrate a big win over the Chiefs tomorrow? That would just be great, right?

Posted

I don't get why you think a football game is some big important deal that can't be suspended. I could see struggling through at and working the next day if you work at a hosptial or a homeless shelter or police officer or something that is truly necessary. Its just a football game.

To be frank I'm not sure why you're so excited. I couldn't think of a bigger lose-lose situation than the Panthers coming up to play KC tomorrow. And its not like the game is going to be enjoyable to watch. What...are you going to celebrate a big win over the Chiefs tomorrow? That would just be great, right?

I'm with Jemele Hill on this one.

If the Chiefs say they don't want to play or they want the game postponed, I'd support that.

Let them decide. I think that's absolutely the best option.

Posted

I'm with Jemele Hill on this one.

If the Chiefs say they don't want to play or they want the game postponed, I'd support that.

I agree too, but I doubt they leave the decision up to the Chiefs.