Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

369 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm guessing it's the whole "got murdered" thing

Good news for that Afghan I let bleed out...dude you might have tried to kill me back then but now you have victim status....get out of here...let the info come out... Funny how we pick and choose what stories to care about. We don't know what happen!

Posted

Some of you are pathetic. I'm only 19 years old, and even I know the game should be cancelled or delayed a long while (to Wednesday or end of season). I love the panthers too, but a tragic life event such as this? If we play tomorrow I almost hope we lose, just for the sake of KC and their fans...football is a game that can be played anytime, anywhere. On the other hand, your life can end anytime and anywhere. Some of you fans make me sick.

Posted

Very tragic... feels so senseless and tragic.

Posted

game is on

For now. The only thing the NFL hates more than losing money is bad press that puts them in a horrible light. Their knee jerk reaction is to travel as per usual, but that could change. It's not like they'd be cancelling Giants-Redskins MNF. They'd be cancelling a game that no one outside of this thread will be watching anyway. Not sure what the labor laws are on this, but I'm pretty sure an employee blowing his head off in front of you in your office parking lot warrants time off for Crennel, Pioli, etc. Plus someone mentioned that dudes dad is the trainer or team doc or something? He CERTAINLY won't be there.

Posted

Good news for that Afghan I let bleed out...dude you might have tried to kill me back then but now you have victim status....get out of here...let the info come out... Funny how we pick and choose what stories to care about. We don't know what happen!

Reports are he shot the woman to death in front of her mother. Add in that a 3 month old girl is now orphaned.

Exactly how do you justify that?

Posted

i know personal insults are frowned upon here, but you truly are a vile human being

1 person likes this

Posted

. We don't know what happen!

We know a mother got murdered in front of her daughter and mother and that you have no grasp of the English language.

2 people like this

Posted

I understand that people say this happens everyday but lets not be hardened. I can't imagine watching someone that I see daily or even a perfect stranger kill themselves in front of me. That would be nuts! As a coach, how can you coach a game after witnessing something like that? As some said, the game isn't that important compared to a situation like this.

Posted

Such a tragedy. Not because it involves an NFL player...but because it happened. and, sadly, it happens every day in this country. My heart goes out to the families, and especially the child who now has no parents. Also, the mother and coaches who witnessed the horrible events.

I do understand how people can do this. I also do not understand why there are so many guns in this country and it is so easy to get them.

These tragedies destroy so many lives and reflect on all of us.

The game does not matter, but money will determine what is done about that.

Posted

I don't understand how you can possibly delay the game.

I mean what happened was truly horrific and it's very terrible but how do you pragmatically go about changing the time/date of the game?

I know the circumstances were different but the Skins played after Sean Taylor died...

Posted

I mean what happened was truly horrific and it's very terrible but how do you pragmatically go about changing the time/date of the game?

As others pointed out they move flex games every so often.

Just make an announcement that the game is at 4:00 and people work it out.

Posted

I don't understand how you can possibly delay the game.

I know the circumstances were different but the Skins played after Sean Taylor died...

As someone else pointed out, logistically it's not that different from flex scheduling. More rushed, but essentially the same procedures.