Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

369 posts in this topic

Posted

This is what makes you an idiot. No poo this stuff happens everyday....but I'm pretty sure if I saw a co-worker kill himself in front of me my boss would give me a few days off and not make me go right back to work the next day.

I just had to sign up because I couldn't believe how many people here think the game should go on. I'm sure if this was the Panthers this happened to OR your personal life you'd want some time off too. It's unreal how ignorant some of you people are.

Don't we have some kind of policy against personal attacks here?

My point is that there are people who don't care about Jevon Belcher or the Kansas City Chiefs.

While your boss might give you a day off if you experience a personal tragedy, he has no right to make me give all my employees a day off because you had a bad day.

Posted

The Chiefs are the ones who should decide.

They do have the right to forfeit.

Posted

45 murders take place in this country every day... where are all the threads for them?

1 person likes this

Posted

A pretty girl and a prettier child. Tragic.

If she and baby were ugly would you feel the same way?

1 person likes this

Posted

memorializing the situation in any way should be done as it pertains to the murdered mother and her child. belcher's right to any kind of lasting legacy in spite of suicide was forfeited when he pulled the trigger on an innocent.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can sympathize with the victims, I can even sympathize with someone who had to deal with a horrifically traumatizing event with someone they were close to in Crennels case. But I disagree this particular situation should have any affect on tomorrows game.

Playing the game is in no way disrespect. You get played big money to play a game you love. In my opinion that comes with a different set of responsibilities than that of your average run of the mill job. So please don't say your boss would give you time off. its a different situation

Posted

The logic that you can't talk about or care about any tragedy unless you do so about every tragedy is faulty.

Posted

45 murders take place in this country every day... where are all the threads for them?

probably in a forum about the murder rates in our country, this is a football forum buddy. this involved a football player for the opponent we are playing tomorrow. do you understand now?

Posted

If she and baby were ugly would you feel the same way?

Sigh

Welcome to the Internet, folks.

Posted

Well, Peter King has his Cam excuse signed sealed and delivered.

Thoughts and prayers to the family but murdering the mother of your child then killing yourself is a cowardly thing to do.

I wouldn't cancel the game, either. Titans didn't cancel the game when they had a suicide earlier this year.

Posted

Well, Peter King has his Cam excuse signed sealed and delivered.

Thoughts and prayers to the family but murdering the mother of your child then killing yourself is a cowardly thing to do.

I wouldn't cancel the game, either. Titans didn't cancel the game when they had a suicide earlier this year.

That happened in July, and it didn't happen right in front of them.

1 person likes this