Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

369 posts in this topic

Posted

Damn, that's fuged up.

Posted

Thoughts and Prayers to the KC Chiefs organization

Agreed. Wish the thread could be filled with more of these.

Posted

I'm sure pushing the game back three hours would be just enough time for Romeo Crennel to move on from this portion of his life.

Some of you want to do something just for the sake of doing something.

Posted

I'm sure pushing the game back three hours would be just enough time for Romeo Crennel to move on from this portion of his life.

If it's what Crennel and the Chiefs want.

That's where the decision should be made.

Posted

Play the game. This guy shot and killed someone, not the other way around. It sucks, but this is life and life doesn't stop...ever. Playing tomorrow will provide an escape for the players, coaches and fans in Kansas City. Not playing will only further escalate emotions.

...and I would say the same thing even if the Panthers weren't involved in the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone here is adding to the speculation that his dad is a team trainer. His dad is nowhere listed on the team website as a trainer or physician and nothing on Google turns it up either.

Posted

I think the proper thing is to let Crennel and Pioli take more than a week off. There are other coaches and personnel to step in.

Depending on the person, those affected by tragedies usually require therapy, counseling, a talk with their chaplain, anything to allow them to realize that the tragedy didn't happen because of them.

Posted

Play the game. This guy shot and killed someone, not the other way around. It sucks, but this is life and life doesn't stop...ever. Playing tomorrow will provide an escape for the players, coaches and fans in Kansas City. Not playing will only further escalate emotions.

...and I would say the same thing even if the Panthers weren't involved in the game.

100%..

Be careful, some people might find you sickening.

Posted

We can't cancel the game

there's monies to be made

Posted

So if a Panthers player whose father was on the training staff killed his girlfriend, then drove to Bank of America Stadium and offed himself in front of Rivera and the GM the day before a game, you'd be fine with the NFL making them go on with the game the next day? Even if the players and coaches were dead set against it?

I quote Keyshawn....Come on, man.

Posted

So if a Panthers player whose father was on the training staff killed his girlfriend, then drove to Bank of America Stadium and offed himself in front of Rivera and the GM the day before a game, you'd be fine with the NFL making them go on with the game the next day? Even if the players and coaches were dead set against it?

I quote Keyshawn....Come on, man.

NO U COME ON

805914997_1363689.gif

Posted

Life is short and precious. More often than not, we look at pro athletes and want their life, it's unfortunate that we can only see the outside. My prayers go out to all affected...

1 person likes this