Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#211 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Who gives half a crap if it was his kid or not. Does that justify murder? NO

#212 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Pretty much.

Take the mature approach and kick her out of the house. Don't kill her and yourself.

Reportedly shot her in front of her mother, even. And then killed himself in front of his head coach, GM and others.

This story is all kinds of horrible.

#213 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Game needs moved to later start time I would even suggest 7:00. That would be a good idea for everyone involved.

why?

#214 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I thought about that, believe me. At the same time, I'm not a pro athlete, making millions of dollars. I'm just not. The fruits of my rewards being a loan officer just aren't at that level. We don't live the life these guys live. So it's not exactly apples to apples. I might get a day or two off in the same situation but what would that really help? Only long-term counseling would really ever help. And these guys will be given the best that money can offer in the way of that.

I don't get why you think a football game is some big important deal that can't be suspended. I could see struggling through at and working the next day if you work at a hosptial or a homeless shelter or police officer or something that is truly necessary. Its just a football game.

To be frank I'm not sure why you're so excited. I couldn't think of a bigger lose-lose situation than the Panthers coming up to play KC tomorrow. And its not like the game is going to be enjoyable to watch. What...are you going to celebrate a big win over the Chiefs tomorrow? That would just be great, right?

#215 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I don't get why you think a football game is some big important deal that can't be suspended. I could see struggling through at and working the next day if you work at a hosptial or a homeless shelter or police officer or something that is truly necessary. Its just a football game.

To be frank I'm not sure why you're so excited. I couldn't think of a bigger lose-lose situation than the Panthers coming up to play KC tomorrow. And its not like the game is going to be enjoyable to watch. What...are you going to celebrate a big win over the Chiefs tomorrow? That would just be great, right?

I'm with Jemele Hill on this one.

If the Chiefs say they don't want to play or they want the game postponed, I'd support that.

Let them decide. I think that's absolutely the best option.

#216 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm with Jemele Hill on this one.

If the Chiefs say they don't want to play or they want the game postponed, I'd support that.

I agree too, but I doubt they leave the decision up to the Chiefs.

#217 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm guessing it's the whole "got murdered" thing

Good news for that Afghan I let bleed out...dude you might have tried to kill me back then but now you have victim status....get out of here...let the info come out... Funny how we pick and choose what stories to care about. We don't know what happen!

#218 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Some of you are pathetic. I'm only 19 years old, and even I know the game should be cancelled or delayed a long while (to Wednesday or end of season). I love the panthers too, but a tragic life event such as this? If we play tomorrow I almost hope we lose, just for the sake of KC and their fans...football is a game that can be played anytime, anywhere. On the other hand, your life can end anytime and anywhere. Some of you fans make me sick.

#219 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Very tragic... feels so senseless and tragic.

#220 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

game is on

For now. The only thing the NFL hates more than losing money is bad press that puts them in a horrible light. Their knee jerk reaction is to travel as per usual, but that could change. It's not like they'd be cancelling Giants-Redskins MNF. They'd be cancelling a game that no one outside of this thread will be watching anyway. Not sure what the labor laws are on this, but I'm pretty sure an employee blowing his head off in front of you in your office parking lot warrants time off for Crennel, Pioli, etc. Plus someone mentioned that dudes dad is the trainer or team doc or something? He CERTAINLY won't be there.

#221 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Good news for that Afghan I let bleed out...dude you might have tried to kill me back then but now you have victim status....get out of here...let the info come out... Funny how we pick and choose what stories to care about. We don't know what happen!

Reports are he shot the woman to death in front of her mother. Add in that a 3 month old girl is now orphaned.

Exactly how do you justify that?

#222 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

i know personal insults are frowned upon here, but you truly are a vile human being

#223 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

. We don't know what happen!

We know a mother got murdered in front of her daughter and mother and that you have no grasp of the English language.

#224 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I understand that people say this happens everyday but lets not be hardened. I can't imagine watching someone that I see daily or even a perfect stranger kill themselves in front of me. That would be nuts! As a coach, how can you coach a game after witnessing something like that? As some said, the game isn't that important compared to a situation like this.

#225 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,274 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Such a tragedy. Not because it involves an NFL player...but because it happened. and, sadly, it happens every day in this country. My heart goes out to the families, and especially the child who now has no parents. Also, the mother and coaches who witnessed the horrible events.

I do understand how people can do this. I also do not understand why there are so many guns in this country and it is so easy to get them.

These tragedies destroy so many lives and reflect on all of us.

The game does not matter, but money will determine what is done about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com