Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#331 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

In tragedy people gravitate to their comfort zone. Being at the stadium is comfort for the fans and players.

#332 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I feel for everyone involved in this case but the game has to go on as scheduled. You can't allow the actions of one man to affect anymore people who had nothing to do with the situation.

You say a prayer before the game for the victims, then you kick the ball off and play football. You can't just change the time and think all is well. For example my work schedule is fixed in a way that allows me to attend games and still get my work done.

I'm sure there are others like this as well and it wouldn't be fair to them. If Romeo Crennel doesn't want to coach this game then he should be granted the time off. For everybody else it's business as usual.

#333 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

What the fug is wrong with people?

#334 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,775 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

if canceling the game is not a realistic option, i'd be in favor of moving it to monday night. even an extra twenty-four hours to cope and get past the shock phase might be nice for the team to have (particularly the coaches.)

#335 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

My first reaction is that the game should probably just be canceled and called a tie. It's a meaningless and worthless game for both teams anyways. The Chiefs coach definitely won't have his head in the right place since he just saw a guy blow his brains out the day before.

#336 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

If they let this game go on after a situation like this, the NFL is one sick puppy.

All football players talk about is how that locker room is like an extended family and any employer I have ever worked for gives time off for something like this.

Especially when you consider it happened right in front of the GM and head coach. I'm actually considering not watching this game.

#337 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

A human being is a weak being.

#338 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I hope this reminds people that football is a G-A-M-E.... sometimes we take it a little too seriously.....IMHO

#339 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Some of you guys should go outside and get some fresh air.

Do you really think that would help? I don't, some people are just cold.

#340 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,752 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Impressed with most of the posters in this thread. Showing class and genuinely being concerned for those involved.

But, as usual, there are the usual few assholes and morons that just ruin it.

Prayers need to go out for all involved. Being close to anyone who is murdered or even being close to someone who commits suicide is damn tough.

#341 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

The NFL can't cancel a game. It would open the NFL and the team up to massive lawsuits.

Postpone, yes, but in reality, for only acts of God. (Hurricane Sanday would have been a good excuse.)

First the Season Ticket holders would bring a Class action lawsuit again the NFL and Chiefs. Then the bars, restaurants, hotels/motels would sue the NFL and the Chiefs for loss of revenue. For those who might say that the NFL has deep pockets. The NFL would be in a no-win situation.

The game has to be played. An option would be to change the time.

#342 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Lawsuit? Do you even know what you are talking about?

The NFL can't cancel a game. It would open the NFL and the team up to massive lawsuits.

Postpone, yes, but in reality, for only acts of God. (Hurricane Sanday would have been a good excuse.)

First the Season Ticket holders would bring a Class action lawsuit again the NFL and Chiefs. Then the bars, restaurants, hotels/motels would sue the NFL and the Chiefs for loss of revenue. For those who might say that the NFL has deep pockets. The NFL would be in a no-win situation.

The game has to be played. An option would be to change the time.

#343 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,492 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

It's going to go forward at the scheduled time.

https://twitter.com/...979654450966530

#344 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I can't imagine how romeo or his players are going to be able to focus on football tomorrow.

#345 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

so... I guess we win, right? /sarcasm

I'd hate to be a Chiefs fan right now. My heart goes out to those long suffering people. I hate seeing stuff like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com