Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#76 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Arrowhead Stadium, the home of the Kansas City Chiefs, was placed on lockdown early Saturday morning after police say a player shot himself after shooting a female at another location.
The female victim is reported to be in critical condition. Local reports have identified the female victim as the player's girlfriend.

Police have not released the identity of the player, but have confirmed that he is a 25-year-old team member of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Local reports say police responded to a residence where a woman said her daughter was shot by her daughter's boyfriend, who is a Kansas City Chiefs player.

Police reportedly arrived at Arrowhead Stadium to find a male with a handgun to his head in the parking lot of the practice facility, speaking to a few people, KCTV.com reports.

Police tell KCTV that the male with the gun is the suspect in the shooting at the first location.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2DomCMxtE

An unnamed Kansas City Chiefs player has committed suicide at the team facility and police are on the scene, the team confirmed to ESPN on Saturday morning.
Local reports say police are operating with the belief the player fatally shot his girlfriend at a house before driving to Arrowhead Stadium and killing himself.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

There were no other injuries at the team facility, police said.

The Chiefs (1-10) are preparing to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

#77 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

If she were pregnant I would say he is worse than Rae Carruth

#78 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

The game netter not be cancelled, the dide murdered his gf! This is why players get paid millions of dollars, look at Kalil playing not even 24 hours hafter his wife giving birth or Olsen still playing after what he went through with his kids. Why should one lunatic ruin one of the things I look forward to? If not a case where players and coaches are threatened then no need to cancel

#79 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

If you were a teammate of his and were a good friend, your brain wouldnt be able to comprehend what just happend, let alone be able to competively play football.

Yes I could. Professional and college athletes set aside personal issues every week to play a game. The game is what's normal to an athlete. You see it when a team mate gets paralyzed during a game. The guys take a knee, say a prayer, then strap it back on and go back to competing. Athletes are conditioned to block out emotion and separate the game from everything else in life. Often times tragedy helps a player reach another level on the field a la Brett Favre after his dad passed away.

#80 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

This has been a very tough year for KC. I really hope everything will be alright in the long run. If their is a time to pray the team is right now for the grieving families. My condolences goes out to the families. As far as football if their is time for a football team to pull together right now is the time. I see a very tough game tomorrow for us.

#81 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

The game netter not be cancelled, the dide murdered his gf! This is why players get paid millions of dollars, look at Kalil playing not even 24 hours hafter his wife giving birth or Olsen still playing after what he went through with his kids. Why should one lunatic ruin one of the things I look forward to? If not a case where players and coaches are threatened then no need to cancel

This is not the time or place for that.

#82 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Now commence everyone making Javone Belcher the hero with their YouTube videos... Etc

#83 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

ESPN just reporting Brandon Beane was told by NFL to travel to arrowhead as planned

#84 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

no one else has any suspicions about the wordings of some of these reports in regards to the girlfriend?

#85 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Yes I could. Professional and college athletes set aside personal issues every week to play a game. The game is what's normal to an athlete. You see it when a team mate gets paralyzed during a game. The guys take a knee, say a prayer, then strap it back on and go back to competing. Athletes are conditioned to block out emotion and separate the game from everything else in life. Often times tragedy helps a player reach another level on the field a la Brett Favre after his dad passed away.

This.

#86 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Another example is Mantai Tae'o. His grandmother then g/f died shortly after in the same week. He came out that Saturday and had the game of his life.

#87 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Ok thats different then seeing someone blowing their brains out right in front of you. And you have time to dwell on it. Its easy to shake the emotion immediately following the event because you havent had time to think about it. But i bet if you went into the locker room after that game, those players would be silent.

#88 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

If this game happens I wouldn't say they're now easy W. they might rally and win one for their teammate except he is a murderer

#89 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Setting the suicide aside for a moment and looking at the game, the Panthers are likely to run into a buzz saw tomorrow. Chiefs players are going to be emotionally charged and focused. These types of things galvanize a team.

#90 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Or destroy them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.