Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs player kills girlfriend at home, then himself at facility (updated first post)

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#106 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Have you ever played football or any sports before? Something tragic like this will take a player to a whole new level. If we play tomorrow we will probably be in a world of trouble. You see how Colts players rally behind Chuck Pagano when they found out he had cancer. You can look for the same tomorrow. Trust me.

or they could come out emotionally fatigued and crumble under pressure. it could go either way.

BTW: Anyone else in favor for updating the title?

#107 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,556 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Who are they rallying around? You play FOR somebody. Sorry to say but they most likely weren't friends with the GF. Are they gonna rally around a murderer? Have you ever seen someone blow their brains out in front of you? Its not like call of duty.

They will rally around each other as a team. Not for the GF or the shooter. It's a circle the wagons mentality. And I don't play video games so your call of duty reference falls on def ears.

#108 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,556 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

As Twitter just reminded me, Kenny McKinley took his own life a couple years ago and the Broncos played six days later. I could sit here for hours listing countless NFL tragedies that have happene for the players to trot out there and do their job. Their escape.

Amazing that anyone thought it would be cancelled.

It happened this season, the receiver for the Ravens. His brother died the day of the game and he came out an played that night and had a monster game.

#109 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,137 posts

Redskins lost to the bills after Sean Taylor died. You don't automatically turn into Batman because someone you know died.

#110 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,212 posts

They will rally around each other as a team. Not for the GF or the shooter. It's a circle the wagons mentality. And I don't play video games so your call of duty reference falls on def ears.

I think SCP would know. He has the attitude of a hardcore athlete.

#111 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

@KCStar: UPDATE: Girlfriend's mother witnessed shooting.#Chiefs personnel tried to stop him.

#112 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,844 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I agree with you SCP to an extent. The opportunity is very there for an emotional rally. Question is, if this happened to the Panthers this year, would the team rally or fall apart even more? (This is not taking away from the tragedy so spare me the soapbox--not directed at SCP--). The chiefs are as dysfunctional as our team, so not so sure if they play superhuman or they become defeated.

#113 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,556 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Redskins lost to the bills after Sean Taylor died. You don't automatically turn into Batman because someone you know died.

I'm not implying that.

#114 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Have you ever played football or any sports before? Something tragic like this will take a player to a whole new level. If we play tomorrow we will probably be in a world of trouble. You see how Colts players rally behind Chuck Pagano when they found out he had cancer. You can look for the same tomorrow. Trust me.

Yes I have played football, and many other sports. Your example has zero similarity, and it actually validates my point. The chiefs will get crushed tomorrow. They will play but it wont be nearly to their fullest.

#115 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,556 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

I agree with you SCP to an extent. The opportunity is very there for an emotional rally. Question is, if this happened to the Panthers this year, would the team rally or fall apart even more? (This is not taking away from the tragedy so spare me the soapbox--not directed at SCP--). The chiefs are as dysfunctional as our team, so not so sure if they play superhuman or they become defeated.

Certainly, a teams leadership and mentality will factor into how they handle this as a group. Could go either way on a shitty team like the Chiefs or Panthers.

#116 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

She was cheating on him and the baby is not his or she had HIV and she didn't tell him only reason for killing a bitch in my eyes!

#117 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,137 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'm not implying that.

I know, I'm just saying it's not a sure thing that they'll come out ferocious. They could come out as the Chiefs.

#118 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,556 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Meh, whatever. I've stated my opinion, right or wrong. I've got to get back to making my buffalo turds for the GA/AL game.

#119 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Listening to the Sports radio in KC and even they are saying the Chiefs will be a step slower tomorrow.

#120 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

ggivensii that is a despicable post buddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com