• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

For an individual player, what percentage of the coaching is done by the position coach, the coordinator and the head coach? An ex pro player once told me that in the pros the breakdown is 70-20-10.

Reason I ask is because my school's new head coach (Mark Stoops, FSU's star defensive coordinator) will not be coaching for FSU in their bowl game and I wonder how much impact that will have on FSU. I know Kentucky wanted to sign him as quickly as possible because of recruiting, but wonder if colleges should postpone recruiting season until after all the bowls are completed to stop this sort of thing. I like FSU and hope it doesn't ruin a comeback season for them.

#2 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

"An ex pro player once told me that in the pros the breakdown is 70-20-10."

I can honestly say I've never seen Rivera do a single sentence worth of coaching on the sidelines. I wonder if his meetings are like that- the assistants do all the talking while he stands off to the side, arms crossed, looking over the top of his glasses.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I don't care if the whole coaching staff goes to Maui for the next month, they should be able to beat Northern Illinois without difficultly.

That being said, I fully expect EJ Romo to take a senseless late 4th qtr sack that puts us out of FG range and then us lose by two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.