• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

I know that Byron Bell is doing well at RT and a lot of people want to cut Jordan Gross. But as a temporary fix until Gross' contract is up why not draft a future LT in the first and move Jordan to RT and move Bell to RG.
Why would that be good or bad?

#2 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

For the 1,000th time Bell is NOT a Guard. In fact he'll most likely suck at the position.

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yea I hate this stupid idea of moving Bell to RG. I rather just draft a RG in the 2nd

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

And I remember debating about taking a OG early in the drafty last year. One huddle member constantly was arguing about that history have shown that you don't take OG early until the mid to late rounds (I.E., Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks etc). Funny how many mocks here now have us taking an OG either 1st or 2nd round next year (

#5 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yea I hate this stupid idea of moving Bell to RG. I rather just draft a RG in the 2nd

I just want to know why because if memory seres me right he was a guard in college right

#6 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I just want to know why because if memory seres me right he was a guard in college right

Left tackle, really should be his position in the league, very upright player and much better pass blocker than run blocker. Jordan Gross was never a special LT, was a better RT. Right guard you want a guy with good feet and athletisism for pulling but also a physical guy who can dominate the guy in front of him.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Think we have talked this to death already, but doubt at 10-12 spot, we have a great choice for LT

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,069 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

10-12 I want Keenan Allen, D Milliner- maybe Chance Warmack.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

College is different from Pro. Beason was a dominant OLB at the U, but he clearly isn't able to play OLB as well as when he's playing Mike for us.

Bell has become a solid RT and that have become his best suited position.

If you want an OG, take a Barrett Jones in the 2nd. But please dnt move Bell to RG.

#10 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Left tackle, really should be his position in the league, very upright player and much better pass blocker than run blocker. Jordan Gross was never a special LT, was a better RT. Right guard you want a guy with good feet and athletisism for pulling but also a physical guy who can dominate the guy in front of him.

I was wrong he was a tackle in college so It wouldn't make much sense to move him inside.

#11 TMS3426

TMS3426

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

star in the first and fluker in the 2nd

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,069 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

star in the first and fluker in the 2nd

My only problem with that is we're not taking one of the several good looking WR prospects there. I also think RG is a bigger problem than LT on the OL.

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

My only problem with that is we're not taking one of the several good looking WR prospects there. I also think RG is a bigger problem than LT on the OL.

Fully agreed.
I want Star or Hankins in the 1st then a WR/FS in the 2nd.

OG is also a much more needed position than LT. I still can't see why many members are calling for a franchise LT after "one" poor game vs Denver. If we go LT 1st, that'll be the stupidest decision making by a GM in Panthers history. What are we going to do with Gross and Bell?

If we don't go DT 1st, it better be a WR.

#14 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

The RT position is a position that is your best run blocker. He's a guy that can strafe off the line quickly (meaning his feet positioning has to be great) and a guy that also never gets caught flat-footed.

The RG is a guy that needs to come off the ball low, with a powerful punch, either knocking the defender back, opening up a lane, or tucking behind the RT and getting out into space, low enough to clear out LBers.

Bell is more of the former. He's got nimble feet, but he's not fast. He's got decent technique, can swat away defenders, but plays upright. He doesn't come off the ball low, or with an incredibly powerful punch, meaning he needs to be a guy on the outside.

#15 Guest_Pablo Honey_*

Guest_Pablo Honey_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

10-12 I want Keenan Allen, D Milliner- maybe Chance Warmack.

I'm starting to like the idea of drafting Warmack.

I've heard from numerous scouts that he could be the best guard prospect of all time, better than Steve Hutchinson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com