Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offensive line

61 posts in this topic

Posted

I know that Byron Bell is doing well at RT and a lot of people want to cut Jordan Gross. But as a temporary fix until Gross' contract is up why not draft a future LT in the first and move Jordan to RT and move Bell to RG.

Why would that be good or bad?

Posted

For the 1,000th time Bell is NOT a Guard. In fact he'll most likely suck at the position.

2 people like this

Posted

Yea I hate this stupid idea of moving Bell to RG. I rather just draft a RG in the 2nd

Posted

And I remember debating about taking a OG early in the drafty last year. One huddle member constantly was arguing about that history have shown that you don't take OG early until the mid to late rounds (I.E., Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks etc). Funny how many mocks here now have us taking an OG either 1st or 2nd round next year (

Posted

Yea I hate this stupid idea of moving Bell to RG. I rather just draft a RG in the 2nd

I just want to know why because if memory seres me right he was a guard in college right

Posted

I just want to know why because if memory seres me right he was a guard in college right

Left tackle, really should be his position in the league, very upright player and much better pass blocker than run blocker. Jordan Gross was never a special LT, was a better RT. Right guard you want a guy with good feet and athletisism for pulling but also a physical guy who can dominate the guy in front of him.

Posted

Think we have talked this to death already, but doubt at 10-12 spot, we have a great choice for LT

Posted

10-12 I want Keenan Allen, D Milliner- maybe Chance Warmack.

Posted

College is different from Pro. Beason was a dominant OLB at the U, but he clearly isn't able to play OLB as well as when he's playing Mike for us.

Bell has become a solid RT and that have become his best suited position.

If you want an OG, take a Barrett Jones in the 2nd. But please dnt move Bell to RG.

3 people like this

Posted

Left tackle, really should be his position in the league, very upright player and much better pass blocker than run blocker. Jordan Gross was never a special LT, was a better RT. Right guard you want a guy with good feet and athletisism for pulling but also a physical guy who can dominate the guy in front of him.

I was wrong he was a tackle in college so It wouldn't make much sense to move him inside.

Posted

star in the first and fluker in the 2nd

1 person likes this

Posted

star in the first and fluker in the 2nd

My only problem with that is we're not taking one of the several good looking WR prospects there. I also think RG is a bigger problem than LT on the OL.