• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Why would you choose to use Star or Hankins as a trade bait is beyond me. Why? Joeckel is who we should use as trade bait, not the top two DTs.

I'm not that high on Joeckel and I don't think other teams will be looking to trade up for him. He lacks power in run blocking, and he struggles to pass block fast DEs and DE/OLB hybrids. I doubt we would get any good offers to move up for him, but it would be great if we did.

#47 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'd like to see 1st Star/Hankins then 2nd WR and a vet OG to hold down the fort for next year. I rather have a guy with experience protecting Cam and opening running lanes than have a rookie learn on the fly like Amini.

Still can't believe we passed up on Cordy Glenn for this guy.

#48 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'd like to see 1st Star/Hankins then 2nd WR and a vet OG to hold down the fort for next year. I rather have a guy with experience protecting Cam and opening running lanes than have a rookie learn on the fly like Amini.

for Amini, smh. i would have liked the Glenn pick because he is able to play both OT and OG.

#49 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

for Amini, smh. i would have liked the Glenn pick because he is able to play both OT and OG.

Exactly my point. I was sure Glenn was going to be the pick due to his versatility and playing against legit talent. Amini was considered an OG only. I hate to bash Amini because he does have potential. But we obviously took the lesser talent. Not to mention Glenn is playing pretty good at LT for Buffalo which would make cutting Gross a lot more reasonable.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Exactly!! Want a DT in the 1st, WR in the 2nd and go FS and CB through FA.

Amini was a nasty player in college. He had his ups and downs but we seen constantly that most Rookies OL struggles their first year. I don't want to put a Rookie LT or an RG blocking for Cam next year. I trust a more experienced Vet.

#51 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm not that high on Joeckel and I don't think other teams will be looking to trade up for him. He lacks power in run blocking, and he struggles to pass block fast DEs and DE/OLB hybrids. I doubt we would get any good offers to move up for him, but it would be great if we did.

Don't speak ur mind. Joeckel is the best trade bait especially for a team like the RAMS.

Im not a big fan for Joeckel or any OL in the first two rounds next year. But Joeckel did play pretty damn well vs LSU hybrid DEs

#52 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Don't speak ur mind. Joeckel is the best trade bait especially for a team like the RAMS.

Im not a big fan for Joeckel or any OL in the first two rounds next year. But Joeckel did play pretty damn well vs LSU hybrid DEs

Don't speak my mind? Ugh no. Joeckel is not good trade bait imo, and we'll find out on draft day.

#53 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

#54 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yeah trading our pick to the Rams would be awesome! They get Joeckel. We get their two firsts. I'd take Warmack with the 15 & maybe Eifret or best WR with 17. If you take WR at 17, pick Ertz or Floyd in the 2nd.

#55 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yeah trading our pick to the Rams would be awesome! They get Joeckel. We get their two firsts. I'd take Warmack with the 15 & maybe Eifret or best WR with 17. If you take WR at 17, pick Ertz or Floyd in the 2nd.

I don't really care bout both their first and which I think it's not going to happen. If we could trade with them, all I want is their 2nd to go along with our 1st and 2nd. Three good picks.

#56 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

La Panthera, and yea I love to get Eifert. He's a end zone threat all day. The man can ball hard. If we don't get a WR we like, I'd go Eifert all day.

#57 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

After the Denver game, I am not sold on Bell. He was terrible and exposed by V. Miller. If we were relevant, Miller-type rushers would be lining up on the defensive left side every week.

#58 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

La Panthera, and yea I love to get Eifert. He's a end zone threat all day. The man can ball hard. If we don't get a WR we like, I'd go Eifert all day.

I'd really love to get a legit WR AND TE this draft. We need as many Offensive weapons as possible.

#59 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Yeah I think the Rams would be offering us their second to move up and get Joeckel. Do I think that's going to happen? Heeeeelll no. Btw the Raiders are looking terrible tonight, but I'm hoping they can pull off a miracle.

#60 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Yeah I think the Rams would be offering us their second to move up and get Joeckel. Do I think that's going to happen? Heeeeelll no. Btw the Raiders are looking terrible tonight, but I'm hoping they can pull off a miracle.

Don't worry, Raider are taking Jarvis, Mingo or Montgomery, a "sexy quick player pick". They'll pass up on Star and Hankins to us.

People think they need a DT which they do but remember they hurt more with the loss of Wimbley. The need a DE, pass rusher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.