Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomorrow. ATTN: Cam Newton

71 posts in this topic

Posted

chief's house.

chief's tragedy.

got to be respectful and considerate.

put points on the board and win, just don't rub it in. don't gloat. there's a time and place for everything. this particular sunday in this particular situation just isn't the time for celebrations.

just my opinion. hopefully that's the opinion of the team as well. i'm fairly sure it will be.

So you think if a player gets a big sack on Cam he's going to lean over dust him off and help him up?? This game should be played like any other and I damn sure don't want to see any patches for this guy.

Posted

chief's house.

chief's tragedy.

got to be respectful and considerate.

put points on the board and win, just don't rub it in. don't gloat. there's a time and place for everything. this particular sunday in this particular situation just isn't the time for celebrations.

just my opinion. hopefully that's the opinion of the team as well. i'm fairly sure it will be.

Ditto.

You guys on here who want Cam to the dougie after a TD tomorrow, I can promise you would be whining if the shoe was on the other foot.

"Waaaaaaaahhhh he disrespect us wahhhhh"

You're probably the same ones who don't care what Cam's QB rating is or how many victories we have as long as Superman's doing beats by Dre commercials.

Grow up.

Posted

Cam should be himself.

No problem with communicating with the Chiefs players before the game. I'm sure there will be handshakes, moment of silence...etc

Then just play the game and enjoy the day. Enjoy having the chance to be in the NFL....being alive and well..

Superman should fly

**-=CDF=-**

Case closed

Posted

i was thinking earlier today that this is essentially a "no win" game for the panthers. you don't go in there and lay down. you don't go in there and give them the game. it's a trite and hollow offering that really does nothing for the chiefs but let them know that the only way they were going to win was if it was handed to them. they've got to fight knowing that they might not come out with a win.

if the panthers do win, though, there are some that are going to paint them as heartless and classless.

the best thing they can do is to play a hard fought game but be as respectful as possible. don't run up the score unnecessarily.

whether the chiefs win or lose tomorrow won't impact how they deal with the tragedy. it won't make them feel better or worse. they'll still have to deal with the reality of it all anyway.

handing them a win would be a nice gesture, i suppose, but it also borders on being disrespectful, not just to the chiefs but to the game itself.

Posted

Ditto.

You guys on here who want Cam to the dougie after a TD tomorrow, I can promise you would be whining if the show was on the other foot.

You're probably the same ones who don't care what Cam's QB rating is or how many victories we have as long as Superman's doing beats by Dre commercials.

Grow up.

Do I want Cam to give the fans the show they PAID to see?? You damn right I do!! There will be a young boy at this game that talked his father into driving all the way out to KC to see cam do his superman. Are you telling me that he should miss out because some sick fug killed himself and his woman?? What does Cam not celebrating do for this situation? Absolutely nothing. Give the fans what they came to see.

Posted

So you think if a player gets a big sack on Cam he's going to lean over dust him off and help him up?? This game should be played like any other and I damn sure don't want to see any patches for this guy.

probably not. doesn't matter. it's not the time to be showboating, imo.

that belcher guy sure doesn't need to be honored, but i think the team, fanbase, and esp. the family needs to be respected.

it's time to be a grownup and respect other people's feelings. again, not in remembrance of belcher, but for those people there.

you don't have to do it every week and you should be fighting hard. it's just not necessary to do it this week.

1 person likes this

Posted

Be respectful during the game but play to win.

Posted

We already know that the panthers such as Rivera will go and give Romero a handshake and a hug cause at the end of the day the NFL family is close to each other.

Andy Reid's son for one a ton of teams coaches and players showed up.

About the cam celebrations? He may or may not do them only he knows.

Posted

probably not. doesn't matter. it's not the time to be showboating, imo.

that belcher guy sure doesn't need to be honored, but i think the team, fanbase, and esp. the family needs to be respected.

it's time to be a grownup and respect other people's feelings. again, not in remembrance of belcher, but for those people there.

you don't have to do it every week and you should be fighting hard. it's just not necessary to do it this week.

People are murdered in every city every day the only difference in this case is that a player was the murderer. You can honor the family BEFORE the game is played get that out of the way. That is the respectful thing to do. But you can't just forget about that this is entertainment and the fans of this game deserves that entertainment you can't make more people suffer. Have a moment of silence before the game but once that ball is kicked off its back to business.

Sports can help take your mind off of difficult situations. Moping around the field only adds to the depressing mood man nobody wants to see that poo.

Posted

How about he does his job like he has been the entire time and you learn english.

1 person likes this

Posted

People are murdered in every city every day the only difference in this case is that a player was the murderer. You can honor the family BEFORE the game is played get that out of the way. That is the respectful thing to do. But you can't just forget about that this is entertainment and the fans of this game deserves that entertainment you can't make more people suffer. Have a moment of silence before the game but once that ball is kicked off its back to business.

Sports can help take your mind off of difficult situations. Moping around the field only adds to the depressing mood man nobody wants to see that poo.

who said anything about moping?

lol...got to be one extreme or the other.

i give up.

Posted

Maybe Cam will make up a Chief celebration to do instead....maybe like a rain dance or something?

Is that acceptable?

1 person likes this