• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

i was thinking earlier today that this is essentially a "no win" game for the panthers. you don't go in there and lay down. you don't go in there and give them the game. it's a trite and hollow offering that really does nothing for the chiefs but let them know that the only way they were going to win was if it was handed to them. they've got to fight knowing that they might not come out with a win.

if the panthers do win, though, there are some that are going to paint them as heartless and classless.

the best thing they can do is to play a hard fought game but be as respectful as possible. don't run up the score unnecessarily.

whether the chiefs win or lose tomorrow won't impact how they deal with the tragedy. it won't make them feel better or worse. they'll still have to deal with the reality of it all anyway.

handing them a win would be a nice gesture, i suppose, but it also borders on being disrespectful, not just to the chiefs but to the game itself.

#17 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Ditto.

You guys on here who want Cam to the dougie after a TD tomorrow, I can promise you would be whining if the show was on the other foot.

You're probably the same ones who don't care what Cam's QB rating is or how many victories we have as long as Superman's doing beats by Dre commercials.

Grow up.

Do I want Cam to give the fans the show they PAID to see?? You damn right I do!! There will be a young boy at this game that talked his father into driving all the way out to KC to see cam do his superman. Are you telling me that he should miss out because some sick fug killed himself and his woman?? What does Cam not celebrating do for this situation? Absolutely nothing. Give the fans what they came to see.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

So you think if a player gets a big sack on Cam he's going to lean over dust him off and help him up?? This game should be played like any other and I damn sure don't want to see any patches for this guy.

probably not. doesn't matter. it's not the time to be showboating, imo.

that belcher guy sure doesn't need to be honored, but i think the team, fanbase, and esp. the family needs to be respected.

it's time to be a grownup and respect other people's feelings. again, not in remembrance of belcher, but for those people there.

you don't have to do it every week and you should be fighting hard. it's just not necessary to do it this week.

#19 capfolly

capfolly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Be respectful during the game but play to win.

#20 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

We already know that the panthers such as Rivera will go and give Romero a handshake and a hug cause at the end of the day the NFL family is close to each other.

Andy Reid's son for one a ton of teams coaches and players showed up.

About the cam celebrations? He may or may not do them only he knows.

#21 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

probably not. doesn't matter. it's not the time to be showboating, imo.

that belcher guy sure doesn't need to be honored, but i think the team, fanbase, and esp. the family needs to be respected.

it's time to be a grownup and respect other people's feelings. again, not in remembrance of belcher, but for those people there.

you don't have to do it every week and you should be fighting hard. it's just not necessary to do it this week.

People are murdered in every city every day the only difference in this case is that a player was the murderer. You can honor the family BEFORE the game is played get that out of the way. That is the respectful thing to do. But you can't just forget about that this is entertainment and the fans of this game deserves that entertainment you can't make more people suffer. Have a moment of silence before the game but once that ball is kicked off its back to business.

Sports can help take your mind off of difficult situations. Moping around the field only adds to the depressing mood man nobody wants to see that poo.

#22 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

How about he does his job like he has been the entire time and you learn english.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

People are murdered in every city every day the only difference in this case is that a player was the murderer. You can honor the family BEFORE the game is played get that out of the way. That is the respectful thing to do. But you can't just forget about that this is entertainment and the fans of this game deserves that entertainment you can't make more people suffer. Have a moment of silence before the game but once that ball is kicked off its back to business.

Sports can help take your mind off of difficult situations. Moping around the field only adds to the depressing mood man nobody wants to see that poo.

who said anything about moping?

lol...got to be one extreme or the other.

i give up.

#24 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,370 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Maybe Cam will make up a Chief celebration to do instead....maybe like a rain dance or something?

Is that acceptable?

#25 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

who said anything about moping?

lol...got to be one extreme or the other.

i give up.

Don't give up plead your case. I just think there are ways to be respectful without sacrificing the quality of the game.

#26 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

First, thoughts and prayers with the Chiefs organization and the families of those involved.

Secondly, and I pointed out Cam because he is the team and most likely to get in the end zone, after a touchdown you had the fuging ball to the official and walk away. No dancing or choreographed celebrations. If you must do something to celebrate you had the ball to a child in the stands.

Let me clarify: this goes for EVERY panther who scores a TD.

I'm sure the players are reading this & giving your thoughts serious consideration.

#27 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Bullets would bounce off ace boogies chest

#28 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Don't give up plead your case. I just think there are ways to be respectful without sacrificing the quality of the game.

yes. big celebrations don't need to take place for the quality of the game to continue.

play hard. have fun. just don't be over the top and appear to be gloating or taunting. if the chiefs do it, fine...they're coping and fighting and that's good for them. it's just a preference i have to be respectful of those who have lost someone. i don't have to respect the one that dies, but believe it or not there are usually people who loved them.

#29 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,707 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Play like you always have. Dont let some punk's actions deter you.

#30 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

yes. big celebrations don't need to take place for the quality of the game to continue.

play hard. have fun. just don't be over the top and appear to be gloating or taunting. if the chiefs do it, fine...they're coping and fighting and that's good for them. it's just a preference i have to be respectful of those who have lost someone. i don't have to respect the one that dies, but believe it or not there are usually people who loved them.

I don't think Cams touchdown celebration is taunting tho I think it's just what he does to entertain. I think they can have the celebrations as long as they are tasteful. None of what the broncos were doing but when you think about it does this team ever play in a disrespectful way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com