Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our new coaching staff..

52 posts in this topic

Posted

In all honesty bro we dont really know what the roster will look like for sure next year. I know there are holes... makes me sad :(

Posted

And i do agree that 3-4 is not the answer... but since my opinion wont make a difference might as well dream about two stud MLBs

Posted

Martin likely won't be resigned, Dwan also only has a one year contract, this is Munnerlyn's contract year too. We have limited cap space and still have holes on defense and offense.

Dwan signed a 2 yr deal per Spotrac.

Posted

Ron Edwards may have played his last game as a Panther, Star would be our guy, CJ-Star-Dwan-Hardy. Holy poo...hoooooly poo.

1 person likes this

Posted

If there is one player I'm 100% without a doubt certain we won't be drafting, it's Te'o. A) Hurney's gone. B) it would be absolutely retarded to draft ANOTHER MLB when we still have needs at DT, S, OL, WR and at the very least there will be very good talent and value at DT and OL available, and C) Hurney's gone.

If we're gonna draft Te'o we might as well trade back into the 1st to draft Barkley and then trade up again to draft that UNC RB.

Posted

yeah let's draft another linebacker in the top half of the draft

while we're at it we should also shop our 2014 first round pick around so we can trade back in to the first and draft a running back.

really what is this obsession some people have with luxury picks? at some point we're going to have to compromise and take need over BPA especially if a monster like lotulelei is on the board. it doesn't matter if te'o is "another ray lewis"-you realize that ray lewis has haloti freaking ngata, the best nose tackle/3-4 DE in the league, eating up blocks for him, right? whatever configuration of linebackers we could come up with in our regular old 4-3 would be disgusting if we had an elite nose tackle chewing up blocks up front.

who would our nose tackle be in a 3-4 anyway, sione fua?

1 person likes this

Posted

Bill Cowher isn't stupid and knows how to lead a war room for the draft.

Posted

Is that you Marty? GTFO of here I thought we fired you.

You don't win championships by drafting LBs GD it you sorry excuse for anything football related. What you want to trade DWill and draft a RB in the 2nd round?

FFS

Posted

I might be the only Panther fan who thinks this but if we get the #1 pick I would draft Teo.Dude is without question the best player in this draft,he has Ray Lewis type of potential.Yeah we dont need another LB but Teo is too good to pass up.

We would be set for the next 7yrs with Luke/Teo leading our defense,im sure we could trade Beason for a draft pick he still has value around the league.

this is what im getting at.. he is by far the best player in the draft. while it may not be a position of need, you add him and kuechly together and their potential is limitless.. the ray lewis comparison is perfect. We need people with his attitude on the field. if t'eo is there when were on the clock we got a tough decision to make

Posted

Just went through this thread and put every user that thinks it would be a good idea to draft Te'o on ignore.

You obviously have no credibility as a poster and your opinions are meaningless and frustrating.

Posted

again, ray lewis has haloti ngata eating blocks up for him.

linebackers in the top half of the draft are a luxury pick in today's NFL. if you're looking to build a defense the right way, they should be the cherry on top when you've already got a strong defensive line. average linebackers have a much easier time making plays with a strong defensive line than vice versa. they're a lot like running backs; that is to say, line play is more important than necessarily having "elite" talent or athleticism at the position.

Posted

Most important piece in a 3-4 is the NT. Star is a NT and a good one. Only way they make the switch is if they get a chance at him simple and plain.

Star is actually a DE in a 34. He's not big enough to be a true NT.

Think Haloti Ngata.