Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our new coaching staff..

52 posts in this topic

Posted

that's only 10 players you have there Vince Lombardi

No, it's 11, it's just a 52 defense which looks incredibly bad.

Posted

You're right, sorry about that. Still, the level of competition isn't that great (minus Oregon, Oregon State, and USC to a degree).

But, you're right, it is hard to judge a DT from the stand-point of stats. But, if you're going to draft a guy in the Top 5 at the DT position, he needs to be like a Suh-esque player. Just unblockable. I'm not sure if Star is that player.

Can Star be great? Absolutely. But, like I said, I think he's a high-risk/high-reward player. He could boom more than any DT in a long time (with the exclusion of Suh) or he could bust like we've never seen.

Suh honestly should have won the Heisman. I think he batted 6 balls down against VT, and only got better from there.

I guess none of this matters till we find out who is coaching the team. Right now I just want us to get some confidence installed in our young players.

Posted

No, it's 11, it's just a 52 defense which looks incredibly bad.

its supposed to be a 3-4. and sorry for failing at posting

Posted

Why is everyone forgetting about beason? Before the whole Achilles tear he was easily the second best MLB behind Willis of San fransico. Even if after these 2 injuries he come back 3/4 the player he was that's still an above average linebacker.

Posted

the 4-3 has worked wonders for us this year, but if our new staff comes in wanting a 3-4 i think we should trade james anderson and jon beason.. then solidify the front 7 with the drafting of Manti T'eo.. a front 7 of hardy, ron, dwan with cj T'eo Keek TD/Alexander is very good. yes early but its a lost season lol. go ahead and say im an idiot but just a thought

Posted

A few things:

-The game is won and lost in the trenches

-We clearly saw the effects/deja vu of a line without a decent interior beyond D'wan against a terrible KC team

-On defense, a strong high prospect interior presence is what we need to take the d to a new level. Keep building. We've got Keek, CJ, Hardy, Alexander here for sure imo so keep building from that. Having a consistent d-line and MLB here for years to come could be very smart.

-The question then is where do priorities lie and who is expendable with a new coaching staff...and that answer, no one has (yoda voice)

-This team has a lot of holes and I'll agree switching to a 3-4 doesn't seem likely at all, but its not like it can't happen. You never know in the NFL.

All of this being said, If we're in position for Star or Hankins in this upcoming draft I am ALL for it...Teo though, highly unlikely

Posted

I hate you people.

Posted

I hate you people.

that's unfortunate :)

Posted

We need to scrap this transition idea to a 3-4....

We don't have the personnel. We don't have the cap space. We can't just cut/trade these contract players without some type of cap penalty...

The new GM needs to salvage what we have right now. We are simply not in a position to undergo a defensive scheme change.

3-4 idea is nonsense right now IMO

Normally I'd agree with you, but after seeing the Colts switch to a 3-4 this year, I believe it can be done with ANY team. The colts were less prepared for the 3-4 than we are and they are having a great season. If Freeney can play in a 3-4 than CJ most definitely can.

Posted

NT is the biggest player need for a 3-4. He had to be big strong and able to take up the C/G. The whole purpose of the 3-4 is for the NT and DE's to take on the whole Oline and free up the LB's for blitzing and pass rush.

We do not have a line for this at this time. Mayby the LB's but not the Dline. and we have bigger needs than another damn LB. We need Safetys and CB's, Olinemen Like RG and RT.

Lets hope the new staff does not rip apart the team to start over, rather build on whats already here and just fill in the wholes with new blood over the next few season.

Posted

Why is everyone forgetting about beason? Before the whole Achilles tear he was easily the second best MLB behind Willis of San fransico. Even if after these 2 injuries he come back 3/4 the player he was that's still an above average linebacker.

Some people will disagree with you about that.

Posted

Normally I'd agree with you, but after seeing the Colts switch to a 3-4 this year, I believe it can be done with ANY team. The colts were less prepared for the 3-4 than we are and they are having a great season. If Freeney can play in a 3-4 than CJ most definitely can.

With our team I'd rather follow the Seahawks / Bears defensive model