Photo
- - - - -

Our new coaching staff..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#49 KDawg004

KDawg004

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Freeney and Mathis are smaller than CJ and Hardy. CJ and Hardy are better suited with their hands in the dirt. I hope we stay with the 4-3. No need to make the transition when our defense is a couple of players away from easily being top10. And hopefully the next HC sees that. It's looking like we finally have a fearsome duo at DE since the Pep and Ruck days.

#50 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Freeney and Mathis are smaller than CJ and Hardy. CJ and Hardy are better suited with their hands in the dirt. I hope we stay with the 4-3. No need to make the transition when our defense is a couple of players away from easily being top10. And hopefully the next HC sees that. It's looking like we finally have a fearsome duo at DE since the Pep and Ruck days.

Freeney 6'1" 270lbs, and CJ is 6'2" 275lbs. They are basically the same size.

Hardy could be a 3-tech in a 3-4 scheme.. he is big enough at 290lbs. He gets most of his sacks from the 3-tech spot in our current scheme, it seems.

Both of the Edwards have experience in 3-4 schemes in the NFL. Fua also was a 3-4 NT at Stanford.

Keiser played the 3-4 OLB position at Stanford.. and Applewhite played 3-4 OLB at San Diego.
We'd probably have to draft a guy like Jarvis Jones from Georgia to play OLB..

I don't think we should switch to a 3-4 defense.. but I do think it can be done with a couple more pieces.

#51 KDawg004

KDawg004

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Freeney 6'1" 270lbs, and CJ is 6'2" 275lbs. They are basically the same size.

Hardy could be a 3-tech in a 3-4 scheme.. he is big enough at 290lbs. He gets most of his sacks from the 3-tech spot in our current scheme, it seems.

Both of the Edwards have experience in 3-4 schemes in the NFL. Fua also was a 3-4 NT at Stanford.

Keiser played the 3-4 OLB position at Stanford.. and Applewhite played 3-4 OLB at San Diego.
We'd probably have to draft a guy like Jarvis Jones from Georgia to play OLB..

I don't think we should switch to a 3-4 defense.. but I do think it can be done with a couple more pieces.

It can be done. I just don't believe we would be getting the best out of our players. Also Ron is most likely gone, same with Applewhite. Who knows what a new HC would think of Keiser. Dwan is flourishing in a 4-3. Hardy should be rushing the passer rather than taking up blocks.

CJ has always appeared bigger than Freeney to me. Freeney looks a lot more agile too.

#52 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Why is everyone forgetting about beason? Before the whole Achilles tear he was easily the second best MLB behind Willis of San fransico. Even if after these 2 injuries he come back 3/4 the player he was that's still an above average linebacker.

Until beason proves otherwise he is nothing. He wasn't even 3/400 of the player he was. Maybe there's a chance he can come back and be something useful, but it would be insane to make plans as if it will happen.