24 replies to this topic

#1 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

After screwing me around for 4 days, Charter finally sent a tech out on Sat afternoon. He said looks like an auditor inadvertently cut my cable off...which cannot be resolved on the weekend. Although I was having no problems until things went dead....said I have major interference in my house which will take extensive work.

Thinking of cancelling cable and just going with Roku. Only loss would be sports.

I do have Sirius and can listen to the game. Any other suggestions, please PM me.

Anyone else have experience with Roku? How do you get your sports fix?

#2 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,235 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

My wife loves Roku but we still have cable.

For most things you can find it streaming online. Or you could get a slingbox hooked up to someone else's cable box.

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

head out to a bar.

#4 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

you could buy saturday ticket online but it would cost you majorly like at least 300...or you could buy a place shifting device like a slingbox or vulkano and place it over someone elses house on an extra tv...that would be very cheap but you would need a good relationship with that picture...lastly i think you can keep the most basic cable package that only gives you the local channels, its like 10 dollars a month but would let you watch panther games

#5 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,655 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

yeah streaming online would be a good temp fix.

#6 crack0saur

crack0saur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

After screwing me around for 4 days, charter finally sent a tech out on Sat afternoon. He said looks like an auditor inadvertently cut my cable off...which cannot be resolved on the weekend. Although I was having no problems until things went dead....said I have major interference in my house which will take extensive work.

Thinking of cancelling cable and just going with Roku. Only loss would be sports.

I do have Sirius and can listen to the game. Any other suggestions, please PM me.

Anyone else have experience with Roku? How do you get your sports fix?

I worked a few years as a cable guy for a cable/isp provider. That tech straight up lied to you and did not want to do the work. The cable network whether it be fiber or coaxial is essentially plug and play. If your line was cut very easy to run a new line in a tree or take a trow and dig a cable line an inch or two in the ground as a temp. As for interference that's not really an actual issue with cable, unless theres like some electrical current going into the cable line somehow? I'm pretty sure that guy was just talking poo and not wanting to do anything.

#7 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,678 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Bunny ears.

#8 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

I just use an antenna with my TV. You get the local channels so you can watch most the games that way. Otherwise I use online streaming. You can also go to a sports bar.

#9 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

I just use an antenna with my TV. You get the local channels so you can watch most the games that way. Otherwise I use online streaming. You can also go to a sports bar.

Hmmm... I thought they took that off of new tv's... I'm sure it would still work because the signal is in the air, but does this really still work with newer tv's?

#10 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yes I have a new tv. You have to buy the new digital attenna though... or whatever they are called. Works just like the old school antenna except you pick up HD too.

#11 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Small town here. Don't think there are any sports bars. Will look for a site for next week. Anyone else in Morganton??

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

#12 Killa Cam 69

Killa Cam 69

King of the Hill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Are you really a lady

#13 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

I have an antenna in my attic- I get about 6 or 8 stations - could get more if I wanted to get a booster for it - once the antenna is paid for its free tv - and believe it or not the signal/picture is better than cable or satellite. And I have a 46 inch Sony hdtv

go to this site - plug in your address and they tell you what you can receive over the air for free

http://www.antennaweb.org/

#14 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Are you really a lady

A gentleman would not ask.

#15 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

just find whatever Rabbit ears you may still have laying around the house and hook it up, you DO NOT need a "digital antenna" that's just marketing. You could pick up HD with a coat hanger.

Over the Air HD is actually the best HD because it's uncompressed and free! murica.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com